USB Drive Failure, how to recover backup?

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

So the worst has happened, and the USB drive with my Unraid config failed.

I managed to find the backup folder on the array from I think some kind of CA-Backup plugin i set-up ages ago, but I haven't really touched the server configs and such for so long, I am not sure how to recover anything. I managed to find a Backup-USB folder, and the files seem to be current as of this month, but I am not sure what to copy to the new USB stick. Copying everything seems to make the boot drive become non bootable, so which files can I copy over to get my array settings, and hopefully, most other things back?

1 minute ago, trurl said:

The config folder from your flash has all of your configuration. I would edit disk.cfg to set the array to NOT autostart so you can confirm your drive assignments.

Thanks, I'll try that and report back.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, trurl said:

The config folder from your flash has all of your configuration. I would edit disk.cfg to set the array to NOT autostart so you can confirm your drive assignments.

Well, in a very uncool fashion, seems like everything was restored, except for the hard drive array info. I was able to log in, I see my plugins and everything, but all the disks are still unassigned. I didn't think I modified anything recently, but now I'm unsure what to do.

I checked the Disk_Assigments.txt and everything seems to line up as well, so I'm confused as to why this isn't working.

I tried lining up the array in the same way it was before the failure, but it still says everything will be overwritten when I start the array. Any other ideas as to what I can do?

Edit:

Looks like there was no Super.dat file in there, but I found a Super.dat_Ca backup. I changed it to Super.dat and it seems like my array info is saved! If anyone else has this issue, make sure that Super.dat is in there, and labelled properly. Now I gotta see if everything else is working properly.

Double Edit:

Looks like everything works just fine! Thank you trurl!

Edited by Smalltar
  • Like 2