No space left on device

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hi, 

still quite new to Unraid. I get the notice 'no space left on device' when tryong to set up a docker container. All the disks in my array have loads of free space, so I don't really know where that notice points to.docker-no-space-left.thumb.png.9957f31dbc1eb38b0125ba04a40fd6fe.png

Is it possibly connected to this:

docker.jpeg.bf3845be1264fd901e4d7d878568ef6f.jpeg

I don't understand what the '61%' mean in this case.  Can someone please explain?

• Solution

The 61% relates to the amount of space used in the docker.img file.

You should post your system's diagnostics zip file in your next post in this thread to get more informed feedback.  It is always a good idea to post this if your question might involve us seeing how you have things set up or to look at recent logs.

Not worked out from the diagnostics what the current issue is, but I do notice a few anomalies with your shares:

• Share that is anonymised as N-------d has files on disk1 and disk2 even though it has an Include setting for only disk2.   That setting applies to new files, but I suspect at some time in the past disk1 was also allowed and those files are left there.    You would need to manually move folder/files from disk1 to disk2 to tidy this up.
  • The 'appdata' share has files on both cache and disk1 although it is now set to only use 'cache' pool for new files.  With that setting any existing files on other drives are left there.  You want the files on disk1 to be moved to cache for optimum performance and to take advantage of the 'appdata' share then becoming an Exclusive share for better performance (if you enable this under Settings->Global Share settings).