'Some or all files are unprotected'

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Greetings unRaid community,

I am looking at the shares on my unRaid setup and I see a note that reads 'some or all files are unprotected'.

Having researched the message 'some or all files are unprotected' on this forum I have discovered that

- I should first run the mover,

- files in use will not be moved and

- a parity check must be run succesfully.

I would greatly appreciate some help in helping me interpret what is going on and why are my shares unprotected.

Here is a screenshot of my shares:

image.thumb.png.0eb7b8c2af26c567aa50a94b0ab0e7da.png

Thank you for your help, please let me know if I can provide any other information.

16 hours ago, JorgeB said:

That just means some files are on a pool without redundancy.

Thank you Jorge, that is clear from reading the forums which are an excellent source of information.

Unfortunately I remain very confused as to why my 'TEST' share is not protected, as it is supposed to be saved entirely on the array.

Reason I mention the 'TEST' share is because for some reason there is a 6b folder, apparently under my 'TEST' share, that is on the cache?

Would you say that is the cause for the 'TEST' share not being protect?

Does unRaid create that 6b folder?

3 minutes ago, B Train said:

Reason I mention the 'TEST' share is because for some reason there is a 6b folder, apparently under my 'TEST' share, that is on the cache?

Probably just an empty folder that didn't get moved for some reason. Dynamix File Manager plugin will let you work with folders and files directly on the server. Use it to examine that folder on cache and delete it.

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, trurl said:

Probably just an empty folder that didn't get moved for some reason. Dynamix File Manager plugin will let you work with folders and files directly on the server. Use it to examine that folder on cache and delete it.

Thank you, I will try and report back.

37 minutes ago, trurl said:

@trurl:

I downloaded and applied Dynamix File Manager Plugin.

I've seen a few tutorials and navigated around but I think that Dynamix is made for navigating directories, not editing shares.

My issue is found on the 'shares' menu. Once I click the dropdown for my share named 'TEST' I see that it is somehow split between the Array and the Cache, see attached.

Also, you can see on the attached image that there is no option for deleting the 6mb folder under 'TEST' share.

image.png

5 hours ago, B Train said:

think that Dynamix is made for navigating directories, not editing share

You can work with User Shares or you can work with the disks and pools. Go into the cache and the Test folder is the part of the share on cache. 

• Upvote 1

Good news everyone, it worked. The TEST share is now PROTECTED!

Previously the data went from cache to array. Now the data goes from cache to array also?

Thank you Juan x1000!

trurl, I have not been able to access the cache drive as you describe but I will keep on working on it.

Thank you so much all for your help you guys really make it happen for the average guys like me.

4 hours ago, B Train said:

have not been able to access the cache drive as you describe but I will keep on working on it.

You can go directly to the Support thread for any of your plugins by clicking its Support link on the Plugins page of your Unraid webUI. 

There is a PDF in the first post of Dynamix File Manager thread.