Updated to 6.12.6 and lost all drives

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi guys,

I run unraid on a Lenovo ThinkSystem SR655. I did the latest update from 6.12.4 to 6.12.6 and when I rebooted all my SAS drives were missing. The SAS drives run through a 930-16i Raid card but it has been running prefectly for a couple of years now.

I tried downgrading to previous and a few other versions I have used in the past. I have obviously tried rebooting many times and the drives are still recognised by the lenovo TSM software. 

I have attached my diagnostics file.

Does anyone know what went wrong?

dimmackserver-diagnostics-20240115-2355.zip

50 minutes ago, edward.dimmack said:

I tried downgrading to previous and a few other versions I have used in the past.

I assume the drives are still not appearing? If correct it suggests the update was just a coincidence.

I don't see any LSI controller being detected, this is not a software issue, make sure the controller is well seated or try a different PCIe slot.

12 hours ago, JorgeB said:

I assume the drives are still not appearing? If correct it suggests the update was just a coincidence.

Yes they still were missing.

12 hours ago, JorgeB said:

I don't see any LSI controller being detected, this is not a software issue, make sure the controller is well seated or try a different PCIe slot.

I have tried pulling out and re seating the card. I then contacted Lenovo and they sent a replacement raid card and I installed it and still same problem. How can you tell that the LSI controller isn't being detected? I checked Lenovo TSM and interestingly it appears that the drives are being discovered but the LSI controller isn't. So not sure but sounds like you are right and that I need to go back to Lenovo.

• Solution
7 hours ago, edward.dimmack said:

How can you tell that the LSI controller isn't being detected?

It's missing from the System Devices, similar to Windows device manager, at least I'm not seeing it there, you can confirm by going to Tools -> System Devices.