6.12.6 - Containers that are routed through another VPN container are showing IP address allocations they don't actually have

Hello,

I am relatively new to Unraid and in the process of setting up my server. I have binhex-qbittorrent setup, and I am routing some other containers (firefox + prowlarr) through that VPN container.  On the Firefox and Prowlarr containers I have network type set to none, but after a while they will randomly show that they have a port mapping. I am not sure they actually do, I am thinking this is just a glitch. 

What I have noticed is that they will always show a mapping using the IP address I have assigned to my most recently installed container, which in this case right now is Overseer that I have installed most recently. 

The only way I can get the port mapping to disappear on this screen is to edit both Firefox and Prowlarr and toggle their network type to something else, and then toggle it back to "None" and it will show no port mapping for a while. But over time it reappears. 

Anyone experienced this before? Any clue why? Is it actually a concern? 

Of course the last thing I want is duplicate IP's on my LAN. I am running everything as br0.

image.thumb.png.ea19fa13116f388651a2400ce4c78474.png

Edited by nickydd9
Title Change

I should mention that I understand with br0 and basically anything other than "bridge" that port mapping are really not relevant because there is no port to map. I am just wondering why for containers that are network type = NONE that its showing port mappings for an entirely different container......?

• nickydd9 changed the title to 6.12.6 - Containers that are routed through another VPN container are showing IP address allocations they don't actually have