Jellyfin disk share deleted all movie files

New user here - REAL new - new to servers/unraid/jellyfin, and linux is witchery to me - that's how new.  But through this site and a bunch of youtube videos (thanks spaceinvaders one and many others!) I was able to get unraid set up on my old gaming pc as a media server with jellyfin on docker.  I've fiddled with computers (windows only) for years, even fiddling with config.sys and autoexec.bat files in the 90's just to get my games to run, but the linux environment completely baffles me.  Anyway.

I had my media server running well for the most part, had my movies separated into movie/tv/kids shares, and had everything running smoothly.  I was just simply tweaking things in jellyfin to my liking (changing movie cover pics, moving movie files around from movies to kids movies, etc).  All good, and I would rescan the media library to make sure everything was ok, and all was good.  I spent HOURS  getting everything to my liking, and all was good.  But one time, I rescanned the library, and it took WAY too long, like 20 minutes (it usually takes 10-30 seconds), so I cancelled it, thinking it was just jammed (windows thinking error, maybe?).

Anyway, what happened was all my movie files were deleted.  I had my kids movies and adult movies on separate shares, but both on my disks 1 and 2 (I have 5 drives, 5 for parity, disks 1 and 2 for movies, 3 for TV and 4 for data).  My kids movies were untouched on 1 and 2, just movies were deleted.

I can (and am) reinstalling all my movies - its a shit-ton of time and work but I figured it was easier than fiddling with my parity drive restore because i just want simplicity - i just want to watch movies.  But at the same time, I would like to know what the hell happened.  Was it just me stopping the rescan prematurely, or was it something else?

Anyway, here is my diagnostic file, if anyone cares to take a look.  And thank you for your time.

hobbiton-diagnostics-20240124-0807.zip

Basically, ask this question in the Jellyfin Docker support thread.  You can find this by going to the    DOCKER    tab on the GUI.  Then click on icon for Jellyfin and pick 'Support' from the dropdown list. 

You did double check that the files were actually missing off of the array and not from the Jellyfin database?   (I would recommend installing the     Dynamix File Manager    plugin using the builtin   APPS    feature...) 

Edited by Frank1940