Problems with W11 VMs

Hi everyone,

For some odd reasons all my windows VM dont work well lately, as it worked fine in the past.
If i actually reinstall one it will work fine for the setup period then ends up having the same behavior as the others ones.

The issue i am facing is that launching them via GPU passtrough doesnt seems to do anything, i cant connect to them trough Parsec or RDP, so they may not be actually launched ?
Reverting back to VNC initially give me an error, but this goes away on the second try, and then i have only this showing : "Guest has not initialized the display (yet)."

I dont even know where to start, and would gladly take some help, has there is some data i would like to retrieve on there 😭

Cheers and thanks in advance for your helpfull comments

Edited by Brockway
  • Brockway changed the title to Problems with W11 VMs

After a bit of trial (editing the VM setting, for example changing the momy from 8GB to 9GB) i have reproduced the error showing up when trying to start the VM:

internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2024-01-26T16:33:30.304338Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device {"driver":"pcie-pci-bridge","id":"pci.7","bus":"pci.1","addr":"0x0"}: Bus 'pci.1' not found

• 2 weeks later...