Drive not powering up

I just received two refurbed 12To HGST 0F29596 drives meant to replace two smaller/failing drives in my server.

I replaced one of the drives this morning but booting up Unraid afterwards the drive was not showing in the GUI. I noticed that the drive didn't seem to be powered at all. I tried plugging it with a different SATA and power connector but nothing changed. Went into the BIOS and no drive appeared connected on the corresponding SATA Port, so it doesn't seem to be an Unraid specific issue.

However connecting the drive on a windows machine with an external USB bay resulted in it seemingly working without issue. That is also the case for the second drive, works perfect on windows via USB but isn't detected and doesn't power on in my Unraid machine.

I tried researching the issue and tweaking a few settings in the BIOS but to no avail.

Any ideas what the issue could be ?

Motherboard is an MSI MAG B560M BAZOOKA, tried connecting the drive directly on the MB or on my PCI SATA expansion card.

Also enabled SATA Hot Plug on all ports.

Indeed i just found out about this and was just testing it and sure enough, covering the 3.3V pin means the drive powers on and works as expected.

Not sure how comfortable I am leaving two drives with tape on their power connectors running unattended 24/7 so I might return them but at least i know what went wrong, thanks !