For Those Having Restart/Shut-Down Issues

Hi all,

I have a love/hate relationship with Unraid's VM stability but after goofing around with Proxmox it seems to be more of a hardware issue than a OS/Software issue. I've read countless posts about those with newer AMD GPU's passing through unable to reboot or shutdown your VM's properly. I've found the only way I can shutdown my VM w/ my 7800XT passed through is to "💣 Force Stop" from the VMS tab in Unraid. Which was working fine and dandy as I rarely shut down the VM. But I knew the day would come when I'd have some sort of an update and would need to "restart" for the update to take effect. Today was that day. I have a work around for those of you in the same boat. Here's what I've done.

- You cannot flip flop your setting within the VM setting or the next time you boot the v-disk you'll have issues. 

I've created two VM's pointing to the same vdisk file but running two different graphic settings. Obviously you never want to run them together but if you need to update anything that requires a "restart" you do it within the VNC graphics setup. tried it today and it worked flawless.

Unraid VM.jpg