Check boxes disappeared

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

I just went through the arduous process of a parity swap, moving the old parity to storage, and adding a new storage drive. Everything is back up and running great except for one hiccup. If I browse to a share I can't select files or folders. The little check boxes on the left that used to be there are missing so I can't move, copy, or delete anything. I did create a test folder in the shares but now I can't manipulate it. I tried searching the support forum and Google but no luck. What am I missing? Permission issue? TIA

• Solution
1 hour ago, RobFlix said:

If I browse to a share I can't select files or folders. The little check boxes on the left that used to be there are missing so I can't move, copy, or delete anything.

I assume you mean from the Unraid webUI?

1 hour ago, RobFlix said:

I don't have Dynamix File Manager installed.

Then you won't have the functionality you are asking about. Simple as that.

4 minutes ago, RobFlix said:

apparently Dynamix flaked out during the storage upgrade.

If you didn't remove the plugin, then about the only other possible explanation is that flash drive corruption lost it.

What do you get from command line with this?

ls -lah /boot

Actually, looking back at those diagnostics, I see that plugin wasn't listed in the installed plugins. but I do see it in the flash plugin folder. And I also see

-rw-------  1 root root     32768 Jan  1  1980 FSCK0000.REC

Which means corruption was repaired with some data getting put in that FSCK file.

Make sure you always have a current backup of your flash drive. This is especially important after making changes to disk assignments.