Intel X520-DA2 - Not being detected/ not usable

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi All,

at a bit of a loss and trying to fend off frustration but cant for the life of me figure out why my Intel X520 is not working in Unraid - Card shows up in System Devices but no Eth shows up in Network Config Settings - Even if my transceivers were incorrect the Eth jacks should still show up shouldnt threy? Ive tried looking into the Eprom of the card - before i adjusted the EPROM for additional transceivers I deleted the Network.cfg files and rebooted to the Gui and still wasnt able to see the eth adapters. 
Looks like the driver is in Use - and Im kind of at a loss here 

Do i need to inject a driver or add commands for boot? not sure where to go from here or how to determind the diagnostics file looking for help 

Feb  2 19:02:03 Whoville kernel: ixgbe: Intel(R) 10 Gigabit PCI Express Network Driver
Feb  2 19:02:03 Whoville kernel: ixgbe: Copyright (c) 1999-2016 Intel Corporation.
Feb  2 19:02:03 Whoville kernel: ixgbe: probe of 0000:01:00.0 failed with error -5
Feb  2 19:02:03 Whoville kernel: ixgbe: probe of 0000:01:00.1 failed with error -5

Thank you,

Kelton

whoville-diagnostics-20240202-1841.zip

Edited by globadyne

I tried it in Ubuntu 22.04 and it worked albeit in a different board 

I wouldn't think I'm overloaded on my lanes 12 600k on a z790. I have an LSI HBA in the bottom slot driving for hard drives a singular NVME Oh, attempting to use this Intel X 520 card and I have two of the saddle plugs enabled on the board

Even if the LSI card ran it has speed, it would still be more than enough. I wonder if it's something to do with the way the boards allocating I thought I saw a post on that