We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

is 64bit unRraid version in the works?

vl1969

really???

I am sorry but I am comming from hard core windows guy and windows only see 4GB in 32bit version ;):):P

so please do educate me 8)

what is the max RAM that Linux(and specifically  unRaid) can see.

that would make my MB choice more easier, as right now I picked on that can handle up to 32GB

but was thinking that it just silly.

really???

I am sorry but I am comming from hard core windows guy and windows only see 4GB in 32bit version ;):):P

so please do educate me 8)

what is the max RAM that Linux(and specifically  unRaid) can see.

that would make my MB choice more easier, as right now I picked on that can handle up to 32GB

but was thinking that it just silly.

More than 32GB

google PAE

A bit off-topic, but that's only a limitation imposed by Microsoft and by poor driver implementations.  It is technically possible, using PAE, to have 8GB or more usable in a 32 bit Windows environment.

And if you absolutely must have unRAID 64bit, a few of us have managed it. There's a thread or two around here with the steps needed to do so too. Even though it's a bit dated as I created it back in the Slackware 13.0 / 13.1 timeframe, it's still applicable even when using Slackware 13.37. http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=5639.0

The basic jist is to get Slackware 64bit installed and working first. Then install the Slackware MultiLib packages which sets up most of the environment for 32bit applications. Then install unRAID on Slackware. Then the last step is copy additionally needed 32bit libs into the the environment.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived