Dropbox Plugin for unRAID 5b11+

skank

where did you install it ?

if it is in memory then it is normal

install it on a cache drive and you have no issue ....

mine is installed on

Dropbox Directory: /mnt/cache/Dropbox

Dropbox Database Directory : /mnt/cache/.dropbox

and i have no issue's

if you read the first post of this thread then you see you might have issues when you install on the array warning

Known Issues

Dropbox cannot be installed to /mnt/user/[somepath].

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

skank

where did you install it ?

if it is in memory then it is normal

install it on a cache drive and you have no issue ....

mine is installed on

Dropbox Directory: /mnt/cache/Dropbox

Dropbox Database Directory : /mnt/cache/.dropbox

and i have no issue's

if you read the first post of this thread then you see you might have issues when you install on the array warning

Known Issues

Dropbox cannot be installed to /mnt/user/[somepath].

i got it exactly installed as you have.... on the cache..

weird as it should be running as root

so there shouldn't be any permission issues...

what is in your database directory ?

mine has these files (only the first one l is a directory)

l

command_socket

config.db

config.dbx

dropbox.pid

filecache.dbx

host.db

host.dbx

hostkeys

iface_socket

photo.dbx

sigstore.dbx

unlink.db

make sure your database directory is writable at all...

weird as it should be running as root

so there shouldn't be any permission issues...

what is in your database directory ?

mine has these files (only the first one l is a directory)

l

command_socket

config.db

config.dbx

dropbox.pid

filecache.dbx

host.db

host.dbx

hostkeys

iface_socket

photo.dbx

sigstore.dbx

unlink.db

make sure your database directory is writable at all...

eum strange

i have no folder specified this time for the database, and nor can i find one now...

so i dunno

i tried different installs anyway; some with a specified database folder, and i had the same problems

where are you telling it to store the the database at, it can not be on your array as per notes on the 1st post.  I have a user share called Dropbox and another on my cache drive.  Database points to cache drive, files point to the user share on the array.  Once setup that way and started, the plugin gives you a url you have to visit to link/activate the installation.

Myk

that is what is in my dropbox install dir on my cache drive

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/.dropbox# ls -la
total 30702
drwx------  3 nobody users      432 2012-07-08 00:44 .
drwxrwx--- 13 nobody users      336 2012-07-07 18:23 ..
srw-------  1 root   root         0 2012-07-08 00:09 command_socket
-rw-rw----  1 nobody users     3072 2012-04-05 12:57 config.db
-rw-rw----  1 nobody users    12288 2012-07-08 00:44 config.dbx
-rw-rw----  1 nobody users        5 2012-07-08 00:09 dropbox.pid
-rw-rw----  1 nobody users  3081216 2012-07-08 00:44 filecache.dbx
-rw-r--r--  1 root   root        61 2012-07-08 00:09 host.db
-rw-rw----  1 nobody users      193 2012-07-08 00:09 host.dbx
-rw-rw----  1 nobody users       81 2012-04-05 12:57 hostkeys
srw-------  1 root   root         0 2012-07-08 00:09 iface_socket
drwxrwx---  2 nobody users      288 2012-07-08 00:09 l
-rw-rw----  1 nobody users    15360 2012-07-08 00:44 photo.dbx
-rw-rw----  1 nobody users 28270592 2012-07-08 00:44 sigstore.dbx
-rw-r--r--  1 root   root       200 2012-07-08 00:09 unlink.db

I think the config.db is the file that links it

what are your permissions?

also in my /mnt/user/Dropbox folder i have a .dropbox and .dropbox.cache file that it maintains

Myk

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to install this plugin for the first time and it throws an error.

root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins# installplg Dropbox-0.1-i468-1atv.plg
installing plugin: Dropbox-0.1-i468-1atv
file /boot/packages/dropbox.tgz: downloading from http://www.dropbox.com/download/?plat=lnx.x86 ... ERROR: cannot verify www.dropbox.com's certificate, issued by `/C=US/O=Thawte, Inc./CN=Thawte SSL CA':
  Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.
To connect to www.dropbox.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
bad download, deleting

Anyone know what to do?  I looked in the .plg code and didn't see where I could add that option.  Thanks.

-=Jeff

• 1 month later...

Can't find it but like everyting else, how to do it is SOMEWHERE on the forum, never in a sticky offcourse, hell no, but somewhere in between a few 100 pages... Anyway, i've changed it and saved it, here you go.

tnx for posting this link  :) , i installed it yesterday and it worked out of the box, synced the files from the network down and copied everything over.

now i changed a few items and added a few folders inside the dropbox folder (on unraid) and moved files around, but i dont see it yet syncing with the online version.

kinda wondering how often does unraid dropbox sync with the online website and is there a way to manually tell it to sync possibly...

i was using the windows desktop version of unraid before, so i got a bit used to the instant update on the website/phone/tablet also

• 1 month later...

Folks, I've had a go at rewriting the dropbox plugin.  Credit where due to SeeDrs, his plugin works fine but as I and others have found, depending on where you choose to locate the installation can sometimes result in read/write issues with files & directories.  I've been using a hacked about version for sometime and finally decided to try and convert it back into a full plugin where it ran as user nobody instead of root and didn't cause permission problems.  This is that attempt.

If anyone cares to try it out, please grab it from the link below and give feedback.  I've borrowed some of the look and feel as well as structure from sab,sick and couch as maintained by Influencer.  Seemed to make sense to keep other plugins looking roughly the same if at all possible.  To be honest, I've re-written this from the ground up, using SeeDrs original as inspiration only.  Mostly as a learning exercise, but I tell you this as it's going to be new and possibly full of bugs.  That said, I'd done my best to test it out before coming on here, so I'm hopeful it won't be too problematic.

If feedback is positive and it's generally successful for others, I'll probably start a new thread as it may get lost in this thread otherwise.

Install in the usual way.  Everything is pretty much self explanatory.  One of the things I wanted was to be able to install it just about anywhere.  So far I've been successful installing to my cache disk as well as the array.  However, I would suggest you be very careful when opting for an array drive.

A safe option would be to use /mnt/disk1/.dropbox as the database dir, this is the dir which maintains a database of your files to keep everything in sync.  It doesn't have to start with a period.  Then I suggest for the main data file area where dropbox will store your files, choose something like /mnt/disk1/Dropbox.  Then afterwards, you can use the UnRAID webgui to create a user share called Dropbox with just disk1 included.  That'll get it on the array.  Or you can substitute /mnt/disk1 for /mnt/cache and then create a cache only share.  Up to you.  Try not to reference paths as /mnt/user/something.  I've found dropbox gets touchy about that.

Link to plugin: dropbox-0.2-i468-1atv.plg

Regards,

overbyrn

Works very well. You could make it more clear that the "waiting for linking" link more clear though, took me quite a while and useless tinkering to find out it actually links to the right URL.

Thanks for your work!

Thanks Othi for trying it out.  Sorry the activation link was less than intuitive. I've made a minor change so that it's more obvious it's a hyperlink to the activation page and requires clicking.  You'll know this already, but it's worth stating here that once the activation has been done, come back to the plugin and hit refresh on the page.  The status link should eventually change to indicate it's indexing or downloading files.  The dropbox deamon status is tied to the webgui status line, so in general once it's complete and all files are downloaded from the cloud/LAN, it'll simply say "Idle" but it's helpful when first performing the link as multiple refreshes should show the ongoing download progress.

trying to start

but its saying it isnt running

syslog says:

Oct 20 10:02:30 Unraid sudo:    root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; ENV=HOME=/usr/local/dropbox ; COMMAND=/usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py start

Oct 20 10:02:31 Unraid sudo:    root : TTY=console ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; ENV=HOME=/usr/local/dropbox ; COMMAND=/usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py status

Enable Dropbox Service: yes

Dropbox Database Directory: /mnt/cache/Dropbox

Dropbox Data Directory: /mnt/cache/Dropbox

Whats wrong?

skank, try separating the database directoy from the data directory.  eg. have Dropbox Database Directory as /mnt/cache/.dropbox or /mnt/cache/DropboxDB and then have Dropbox Data Directory as /mnt/cache/Dropbox.

Fixed it, thanks mate !

I prefer this plugin now for dropbox :)

No errors :)

You should make your own topic, and make a link to it on the offical plugin page

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/UnRAID_Plugins

syslog says

COMMAND=/usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py start

Oct 20 13:09:22 Unraid sudo: root : TTY=console ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; ENV=HOME=/usr/local/dropbox ; COMMAND=/usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py status

when i press start it says .. ok

but it keeps showing dropbox isnt running