Unraid keeps crashing after upgrading hardware. (SOLVED)

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi 

My Server keeps crashing and i have no idea what causes the crash.

I have upgraded my hardware from AMD Ryzen 3900X  intel 14700K.

Since the hardware upgrade i am in the process to convert my filesystem til ZFS from XFS and im using Unbalanced to free the disk before formatting.

Can one of you guys take a look at the syslog and point to the direction of what causing the crash.

On this crash i was moving 1,2 tb 4K movies from one disk to another.

The crash today starts at line 3975.

I changed the docker network yesterday from macvlan to ipvlan

Thanks in advance

SysLog.txt

Edited by STEFAN1987
more details added

I dont think i rebooted, as i recall i just started the docker service again.

I actually had the thought that the 32 gb of memory was the issue, but i was only using 75% of the total memory, but always 100% ZFS memory usage.

i have allocated 50% of the memory to ZFS ARC

• STEFAN1987 changed the title to Unraid keeps crashing after upgrading hardware. (SOLVED)

It's not a problem using more RAM for the ARC, as long as you leave enough for VMs and other services, also note that it's never a problem if the VMs are started before the ARC is full, ARC will only use as much RAM as it can, but it can be a problem if they are started when the ARC is already full, and the amount of free RAM is less that the one allocated to the VM, the kernel will try to downsize the ARC, but the ARC can take longer than needed to free up the RAM, and result in the VM crashing on start, in one of my servers the ARC is set to 95% of total RAM, since I don't run any VMs or containers with that server.