Unraid OS Reset Unexpectedly

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

In my Unraid Dashboard all hard drives are unassigned over a 6 Hard drive array. Unraid made me set up a new admin login and password when trying to re log into the user interface to my server. The interface looks like it did when i 1st started. I also have the Pro version and its asking me for my product key. when i try to add my product key again it says "

Unable to redeem activation code for this GUID

GUID, 1609-3A04-51CE-363189217248, may already have a key or it has been blacklisted"

Can someone please tell me what happened and maybe how to go about fixing it please. I have tried to update the software and i have tried to go back to my original version and i didn't have any luck. Thank You all in advanced!

tower-diagnostics-20240208-1159.zip

2 minutes ago, Nash316 said:

several that i have kept over the years

You don't want to use an old backup, that is why I asked if you had a current backup. Your old backups may have different disk assignments than you have currently if you have made any changes, and that can cause problems, maybe even data loss if you reused a parity disk for data.

1 minute ago, Nash316 said:

currently i reverted back to 6.11.5

Did that fix it?

• Solution

Your disk assignments, passwords, all settings from the webUI, are on your flash drive, so something must have happened to break that, probably corruption.

Format your original flash drive, then install your most recent flash backup on that same flash drive. If you think there is any chance that you have made disk assignment changes since that backup was taken, edit config/disk.cfg on the flash drive to disable autostart so you can check the disk assignments before starting the array.

I ended up doing a back up copy of the newest backup i had but i seen the disk.cfg wasn't in the back up version so i added that file and the rest of the files i had in the \config folder and that got me up and running with the proper placements for the disk array. It automatically did a parity check, but now im having a issue getting back into my server through a network location from my main PC. I tried to set it up again to re-link the folders i need to use on a daily basis but i cant find it through the server name or IP address. My Server tower name changed to the default "Tower" name as well. I dont know if that has something to do with why im having the issue.

Is there another way to add the server folders to my Network Locations?

Something must of happened to corrupt or delete all those files for plugins, Disk.cfg, and my docker. Sad thing is i don't remember what i had installed.  Thank you for bring it all to my attention and i will work on it to see if i can get it back to where i had it before all this happened. Thank you for all your help.