slow local transfer speeds

Hi Guys-

Having some slow transfer speeds on my unraid server and was hoping you guys can lend some insight.

Before i would transfer files locally and would be in the 110-120 MB/s range.  Lately it's been in the 60 MB/s range. 

I first thought it might be the disk i'm writing to (disk 10) because that's when i noticed the slow speeds.   When adding it, i had to shrink my array and remove some smaller drives to make room for it.

My first step was checking to see if it was a disk or cable issue.  I moved data using unbalanced (diag file taken during a transfer) between disks.  I moved data from disk 6 to disk 10 (the disk i suspected) and was at 62 MB/s, i then moved data from disk 10 to disk 6 and had the same speed.  I took disk 10 out of the equation and moved the same file from disk 6 to disk 5 and the speed was slower at 45 MB/s.

Next, I power cycled my wifi router, gigabit switches and swapped out the ethernet cables from my Verizon fios box all the way to my pc and my unraid server.  Did not make a difference. 

I'm debating on swapping sata cables in my unraid box but if it was a faulty sas-sata cable, wouldn't some of the moves in my first step not be affected? 

i wanted to reach out here and see if there is something i'm missing.  Any and all help is much appreciated.  Thank you. 

nasgard-diagnostics-20240214-1636.zip

Edited by omartian
more info and typo
3 hours ago, JorgeB said:

60MB/s is about typical for array write speed using the default write mode, try enabling turbo write.

I could have sworn i was getting faster writes before.  Even if it goes down into the 40's, it's still ok?  I'm using WD white label drives in my server.  Thought that those could write close to 200 MB/s