I/O device error

i have been experiencing I/O device error with different NVME and also different nvme slot on the motherboard. suddenly after running for more than 5 days, one of my NVME got that warning and can not be accessed anymore. and i had to restart the unraid, luckily the problem did not occur back until now. i initially thought the issue only happened on BTRFS file system, but 2 my NVME got the same warning even on the XFS filesystem. what might be the issue here? is it bad motherboard? i have 3 NVME on the mobo, only one that seems to never have any problem.

asas-diagnostics-20240216-1159.zip

Edited by mrpainnogain

Try this, on the main GUI page click on the flash drive, scroll down to "Syslinux Configuration", make sure it's set to "menu view" (top right) and add this to your default boot option, after "append initrd=/bzroot"

nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=0 pcie_aspm=off

e.g.:

append initrd=/bzroot nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=0 pcie_aspm=off

Reboot and see if it makes a difference.

20 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Try this, on the main GUI page click on the flash drive, scroll down to "Syslinux Configuration", make sure it's set to "menu view" (top right) and add this to your default boot option, after "append initrd=/bzroot"

nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=0 pcie_aspm=off

e.g.:

append initrd=/bzroot nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=0 pcie_aspm=off

Reboot and see if it makes a difference.

instead writing the whole thing, i just add pcie_aspm=off on the config. it's been going fine for the past 2hrs ++ .  i will report if there is another error. in the mean time , can you please check on my new diagnostic, i got one NVME with series 2N462LQ5CSYH that always go offline after several minutes/hours connected to the system. do you happen to know why? 

asas-diagnostics-20240216-1638.zip