unRAID Server Release 5.0-beta13 Available

limetech

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only give you my thoughts with my experiance of Beta 13.

On the whole my beta 13 has been fine for me. I was transfering all my VM guests to my unRaid box yesterday and it was crapping out every hour or so during the transfer. Now that everything is there it seems stable and i woulod say i have seen a performance increase  ;D

I hope NFS gets some attention and they can iron out any issues with it. SMB has always worked 100% of the time with no problems.

I have unMenu installed with, SSH, email m NTFS, etc

I am pleased with Beta13 right now

I know this is "it depends question".  Do you think 5.0 beta is stable enough to run without harm to my drives?  I am upgrading my flash drive to a larger one and thought it might be a good time to try 5.0 beta.

It all depends on your hardware. If you have any sort of LSI controller, then beta13 is a definite NO GO. Though I've had no issues with the previous betas, like beta10/11/12a.

I know this is "it depends question".  Do you think 5.0 beta is stable enough to run without harm to my drives?

I am running beta11 quite happily.  Subsequent betas have broken nfs and, according to other reports, my lsi controller wouldn't sit well with b13.  The only significant problem of which I am aware with b11 would be poor support of some realtek lan controllers.

I spoke to soon with my NFS problem.

NFS is proper shite right now on Beta 13. I am having to move my ESXi guests back to local storage. Its just not stable at all. Running NFS locks up unRaid which in turn kills my ESXi servers and everything is in a mess.

Does anyone know where i can get a log from? The system log only seems to have from when i restarted my server again. Can i get a log that goes back a couple of days so i can post it up

I am testing some changes to ESxi to do with NFS and so far i have 3 guests running off unRaid and has been stable for nearly 24 hours.

I am going to give it a few more days and move another one or two guests over. If it proves to be stable then i will post up the tweak to Esxi so the community has this info also.

Hmm, but I don't think this will fix the NFS issue (Streaming BD) we have with our mediaplayers.

//Peter

I am testing some changes to ESxi to do with NFS and so far i have 3 guests running off unRaid and has been stable for nearly 24 hours.

I am going to give it a few more days and move another one or two guests over. If it proves to be stable then i will post up the tweak to Esxi so the community has this info also.

Hmm, but I don't think this will fix the NFS issue (Streaming BD) we have with our mediaplayers.

//Peter

Poss not mate to be fair.

I'm attempting an upgrade from 4.7. On my initial reboot, the webgui is broken, and missing almost everything except the LIMETECH banner at the top of the page. As instructed in the wiki for this release, I copied the new bzimage and bzroot, deleted config/passwd and config/smbpasswd (I didn't have a config/shadow).

unraid5.13.jpg

I'm attempting an upgrade from 4.7. On my initial reboot, the webgui is broken, and missing almost everything except the LIMETECH banner at the top of the page. As instructed in the wiki for this release, I copied the new bzimage and bzroot, deleted config/passwd and config/smbpasswd (I didn't have a config/shadow).

I would guess that is your internet cache on your desktop/laptop

No, it's not a caching issue. I've used 3 different web browsers, and 2 different computers (one which has never accessed the webgui) to try and access it with the same results.

I have also tried to access by just using the ip address and not the hostname, same results.

No, it's not a caching issue. I've used 3 different web browsers, and 2 different computers (one which has never accessed the webgui) to try and access it with the same results.

I have also tried to access by just using the ip address and not the hostname, same results.

I think it's a PHP issue, are you running any plugins?

Well, looks like you win the golden ticket. I uninstalled the PHP pkg, and rebooted, and now it's working. Is the PHP module not compatible?

Well, looks like you win the golden ticket. I uninstalled the PHP pkg, and rebooted, and now it's working. Is the PHP module not compatible?

It is, but the config file for unRAID does not turn on the short-tags.

If you do a quick search you'll see a one line "sed" script that you can add to your config/go script to edit the added config file.

Hi all,

I just want to report that I am running the latest 5.0 beta on my new server using a fresh, free copy of unraid to preclear some disks prior to upgrading my existing frankenserver and migrating to my new server hardware.

My new server is (temporarily):

supermicro C7P67, socket 1155 with dual realtec nic's

g620 processor

4 gb cheapo ddr3 1333 ram

2 new seagate 2 tb drives

1 recycled wd green 1 tb (wdidle to be run)

i am just preclearing on this server

Anyway, the reason I post here is to report that networking is working fine - I am able to freely use unmenu, etc, to monitor the server.  more later when I upgrade if there is anything to report here.

Tried booting from beta13 and received this error error: Divide by 0 at E689:7DFF.  This is on a fujitsu RX300 S3 LSI SAS1068 controller.  Used paid UnRaid Pro license thumbdrive with the 2 new files copied to it.  Powered down put in the old thumb drive V4.7 and booted back up ok.  Any thoughts or help?  Would like to be able to spindown drives. 

Okay, ran into my first "red ball" under 5.0 beta (13) after non-stop, continuous operation since upgrading to b13 upon its release, but when I attempted to bring the array offline for troubleshooting, the web GUI become unresponsive.  I am able to TelNet and issue commands at the console, and unMENU still is responsive (though stopping the array via unMENU will also cause unMENU to become unresponsive).

However, issuing any type of shut down/power down commands via the console, although an appropriate warning message is echoed on the console, unRAID doesn't appear to act upon the command.

It seems the only recourse is an unacceptable "hard" reset (something I do NOT want to do when I have a potential disk hardware issue).

syslog-2011-11-24.txt.zip