unRAID Server Release 5.0-beta13 Available

limetech

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same issue after adding a new drive. It started saying the destination was full. no folders where created on the new drive once i created the folder it started working normally.

I'm not exactly sure how to communicate this but here goes:

the Share is called HomeTube

//Hometube/Film/abc.mkv

so,

/mnt/disk8/HomeTube/Film/abc.mkv

/mnt/disk9/.

This directory is on every drive, except the new 3tb.  Is this the right information?

Do we all agree that this is a bug?

At this point, I am unable even to access my array and will have to physically pull the plug on it.  I am hoping someone can suggest a better path forward for me.  I am dead in the water.

Do we all agree what is a bug?

Are you sure it was not clearing the newly added drive?  Early betas did not recognize a pre-cleared 3TB drive and cleared it regardless.  During that time (many many hours), you had no access to the server.

The drive was precleared.

Upon adding the device to the list and starting the array, a notification appeared that the drive was being precleared.  This occurred using preclear.sh 1.12 _and_ 1.13 (I have gone through this exercise twice this week). 

Anyway, the first time, after the drive finished clearing, the unraid menu interface allowed me to format the drive.  Which I did.

After this, copying files to the array the files are never copied to the new drive, even though normally this new drive would take all the new files until it was more than 2/3 full, based on the configuration of my array.

===

I have gone through these steps twice now.  After this second try, I was not logged in to the unraid/main webpage when this finished - during the clearing process (not the preclearing process), when you load either unraid/main or unmenu/mymain, the little icons dont load and the webpage only partially loads.  If you close the unraid/main page, you cannot log into the array, as I posted in the help section; the web interface does not allow me to connect.  I can connect to server:8080, but I cannot connect to server/main.  I can connect with telnet.  But I cannot select "format" or get the array to respond. 

Update; I had a different computer that had a webpage open to server/main, so the page was in the cache.  I refreshed that and I was allowed to connect to the array.  I formatted the drive and it added it to the array.  It says "Empty" in unmenu/mymain.  I did not have a chance to copy files, but I will do that in a few hours.  Based on this go round being _exactly_ the same as the last go round, I expect the exact same results.

Thus, this is a bug.  Maybe there are several bugs.  Maybe I should have waited for more advice on how to proceed on each step, but it didnt seem like there was much interest in this problem.

particularly when the unraid main interface is broken in the beta's version of unmenu

If you press the check for update button in unMENU, I think that the unRAID screen in unMENU is fixed.  (the reason it was broken is that older versions of unRAID used a different URL for its main page than the newer BETA versions)

The current version has this logic to use either /Main or /main.htm depending on if /etc/unraid-version exists (and it only exists on 5.0 versions of unRAID):

MyHost = CONFIG["unRAIDHost"] ? CONFIG["unRAIDHost"] : getHost()
  if (system("test -f /etc/unraid-version")==0) {
     unRAID_main = "/Main"
  } else {
     unRAID_main = "/main.htm"
  }

After adding drives and replacing the parity drive, I ended up with a 2TB and a 3TB empty drives. I started to copy new files directly to the share and it's allocating the files as I would expect them to - to the drive with the most free space (3TB). It created the share directory as expected.

So it seems that I'm not affected by the bug on b13. Only thing I can think of that may be different from others is that I rebooted the NAS after adding the new drives and creating the parity.

Now having odd sized drives did present an interesting side-effect to the "Most Free" allocation logic. With a 2TB and a 3TB drive, Unraid will copy files only to the 3TB drive until 1TB of data has been written to. I realize that this is by design.

That presents a feature request: Allocation method of "Least Full" or "Least Used"