My WD10EARS-003BB1

I bought it as an external hard drive and left it at a friends house and didnt get it bak for 3 1/2 months and now it has a password and well lets just say one of the reasons why it took so long to get back. I guess they think its funny stopping me from getting the stuff off of my hdd. not to mention they broke the usb 2.0 connector to plug it in was broke so i took it to a computer repair shop and he removed it from the casing and said he couldnt get the drive to be accessed from my computer, but i think he was too lazy too really try plus it was a small pc shop and said just to back up my information he would have too go buy a new one if he could get access to it... what can i do? Thank you for any and all help!

I just got it back today from my pc guy and im trying to now use a lynksys sata ide to usb adapter and all it recognizes is a Microsoft office 2010 click to run protected??? but before i took it too him it was the WD smart ware i believe is what it had, i tried entering passwords that i would have installed on something 2 times and then tried 1 or more things before it prompted me to turn it off and turn the external back on because i had entered the incorrect password too many times.

It was a wdbaaf0010hbk-01 when it was in its casing the usb broke and i need to get the files from it. I'm using a linksys Aerial ATA to USB adapter to plug it into my computer because its out of the case. nothing is appearing in my computer but if i go to Disk Managment it tells me to initialize a disk before Logical Disk Manager can access it: Which is Disk 6 and asks me to choose between MBR (Master Boot Record), or GPT (GUID Partition Table). If i do this ill lose everything right? I cant afford to lose all of my data. Thanks for your help!

Archived