MoBo Maxed Out@11 Drives + Flash Drive?

Hey Guys,

I'm running unRAID and use an Asus P7H55/USB3 iH55, SATA300 RAID, USB3.0 MoBo with the newest firmware.

For extra Hard Disks, I use 2 Promise FastTrak SATA 300 TX4 cards.

Including Parity, I have 11 Hard Disk's running, and there is 1 USB Flash Drive for unRAID present.

Now the problem: When adding another Hard Disk, it's not possible anymore to boot from Flash Drive!

It seems there is only place for 12 devices in the Asus Bios.

Am I out of options with this MoBo and should I buy a new one?

Hey Guys,

I'm running unRAID and use an Asus P7H55/USB3 iH55, SATA300 RAID, USB3.0 MoBo with the newest firmware.

For extra Hard Disks, I use 2 Promise FastTrak SATA 300 TX4 cards.

Including Parity, I have 11 Hard Disk's running, and there is 1 USB Flash Drive for unRAID present.

Now the problem: When adding another Hard Disk, it's not possible anymore to boot from Flash Drive!

It seems there is only place for 12 devices in the Asus Bios.

Am I out of options with this MoBo and should I buy a new one?

See here.  You can work around this by disabling interrupt for the add-on disk controller card in the BIOS.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=9650.msg92442#msg92442

The disks on it will then not be listed as potential boot devices, and your flash drive will not be kicked off the end of the list.

So I'm a real dummy: I don't know how to access the Promise Bios  :-[

In the manual, it says: "push Ctrl - F when booting your system for the first time to access Promise Bios".

Too bad this doesn't work for me. Maybe it's because offcourse it's not the first time I've booted my server?

If the fasttrak says it is ctrl-f then it should be.

You most likely have to remove one card, boot with the ctrl-f, make your changes to that card, power off, switch cards, and do it again.

then replace both cards and go...

this is a pretty common issue when you have 2+ cards installed.

Ok Guys,

Tried to find it in the MB Bios, but couldn't find anything there.

So I guess I should try to alter the settings on the fasttrack, like Johnm suggested.

I hope altering anything on these cards will not effect anything in my array.

I will try to do that, but only in 12 days: In a few hours I've got to catch a plane for a little holiday..

Thanx for all the help. I'll get back with some answers when I'm back!

Archived