New to Unraid - Recommendation

Hi all,

I have this HP EliteDesk 705 G4 Mini PC - AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 2400GE  laying around at home, and planning to use it mainly as a Media server: Jelly or Plex Server and an Torrent lowlander/seeding box. I need to be able to trans code 2 streams at once to be happy, quality 4k or 1080p depending on availability (otherwise 1080p is enough),

Is it good enough as a based?

In case i get used to this home server i'm planning to move all my cloud items there with a future purchase of a dedicated NAS for it,

My question is unraid good for somewhere with little knowledge or should i go with Ubuntu server?

The built-in AMD grqaphics are definitely not that great when transcoding 4k. 1080p should be fine though. As you have the hardware already, I suggest you simply test unraid and see how this fares for your transcoding needs. 

Note that Plex doesn't offer transcoding in its free version, you need either a paid plan (subscription) or the "unlimited" version which costs way more than it's worth.

Thank you for your quick answer,
I'm most likely pick Jellyfin since it's free to use unlike plex (for iOS),

In the beginning the i'll be using the storage of the elitedesk 256gb and another external drive of 512gb, how can i set them up? In a sense is parity necessary and cache as well?
This is purely for a proof of concept and if i can handle / like this project before investing in something better,