Music organizer like SickBeard is for TV Shows?

here is what i did (and i am not saying that this is right, but it worked for me)

download the entire package from here

https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/downloads (i downloaded the .zip file)

i then unzipped the files and placed them in my Cache drive (/mnt/cache/.headphones)

then i used terminal (i am on a mac) and telnet into my server

from the command line i entered the following

/mnt/cache/.headphones/python Headphones.py

now i can access the web gui at 192.168.0.100:8181 (replace 192.168.0.190 with your servers ip address)

from there i can set all the options i needed.

I will have to test this. Looks great!

Just in case you are already using Headphones default port 8081, you can change it by running:

"python Headphones.py -p portnumber"

edit: I started headphones in the console using "python Headphones.py -p 8084" and Headphones stops working when the console is closed. You have to run Headphones as a daemon.

usage: Headphones.py [-h] [-v] [-q] [-d] [-p PORT] [--datadir DATADIR]
                     [--config CONFIG] [--nolaunch] [--pidfile PIDFILE]

Music add-on for SABnzbd+

optional arguments:
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -v, --verbose         Increase console logging verbosity
  -q, --quiet           Turn off console logging
  -d, --daemon          Run as a daemon
  -p PORT, --port PORT  Force Headphones to run on a specified port
  --datadir DATADIR     Specify a directory where to store your data files
  --config CONFIG       Specify a config file to use
  --nolaunch            Prevent browser from launching on startup
  --pidfile PIDFILE     Create a pid file (only relevant when running as a
                        daemon)

• 1 month later...

Anyone got this running? I can parse the NZB to SAB and get it to download music but I'm having issues getting to recognize the directories. I'm getting in the log the message:

WARNING Cannot find directory: /mnt/cache/music. Not scanning

even though the folder does exist.

PS: sorry to have posted this message in several threads, it's the only missing piece in my SAB/SB/CP setup and it's getting me crazy

I believe you have your directory set wrong. If its set to mnt/cache/music then it would be emptied when the mover is scheduled. It should be set to /mnt/user/music (if that is where your music is of course)

It's not this.

I know because I have put several audio folders at /mnt/cache/music to make sure it's not empty. I then selected this as the Music Library directory in the 'manage'  tab and then pressed 'Submit Query' to force a libray scan. Nothing happens, the log says 'Cannot find directory: /mnt/cache/music. Not scanning', but the directory is there ???

PS: I have changed the folder to /mnt/cache/_music to avoid it's moved, still can't find the directory

permissions on the music folder  ??? ???

depending if you are running headphones as another user then root

ok, that's an option, how can I change the premissions?

However, the issue is not writing to the folder rather than it can't find the folder. I'm sure it's a silly thing, but I can't get it to work.

• 2 weeks later...

permissions on the music folder  ??? ???

depending if you are running headphones as another user then root

ok, that's an option, how can I change the premissions?

However, the issue is not writing to the folder rather than it can't find the folder. I'm sure it's a silly thing, but I can't get it to work.

Anyone?

• 4 weeks later...

You have logged onto the server and done a cd /mnt/cache/music to make sure this directory exists, right?

On another note, I have no idea why you'd want to use /mnt/cache/music instead of /mnt/user/music. A directory called music implies it's a visible user share and all user share references should point to /mnt/user.

Peter

You have logged onto the server and done a cd /mnt/cache/music to make sure this directory exists, right?

yes it does, it has some 'test' folders with music

On another note, I have no idea why you'd want to use /mnt/cache/music instead of /mnt/user/music. A directory called music implies it's a visible user share and all user share references should point to /mnt/user.

I'm not really using /mnt/cache/music but /mnt/cache/_music. I'm doing it like this just because I read somewhere that some people suffered lost of files, wrong renaming, etc, and didn't want to risk the software messing up my library. So I created this test folder to check how the software scanned the library and any potential malfunctioning.

Once I get it to work, (will that happen?), I'll use the actual library

PS: thanks a lot to you all guys, even if I don't get it to work I do appreciate your time and efforts

I just created /mnt/cache/_music and then tried /mnt/cache/music and /mnt/cache/_music. If found the second one just fine. Either your cache drive has issues or you're doing something wrong.

If you are using Putty, try cd'ing to the directory and then copying the path. Then, paste the path into the config screen.

Peter

I just created /mnt/cache/_music and then tried /mnt/cache/music and /mnt/cache/_music. If found the second one just fine. Either your cache drive has issues or you're doing something wrong.

If you are using Putty, try cd'ing to the directory and then copying the path. Then, paste the path into the config screen.

Peter

I decided to start from scrap:

1. Created a test share called testmusic.

2. Put some music folders on it for test purposes.

3. Moved it out of the cache (to disk3). The path is /mnt/user/testmusic.

4. In Headphones, 'Manage' tab I put /mnt/user/testmusic in the 'Music Library' field and clicked on 'Submit Query'

5. After some seconds log returns: 2012-01-14 11:09:05 WARNING Cannot find directory: /mnt/user/testmusic. Not scanning

6. I then logged into Putty and typed chmod -R 777 /mnt/user/testmusic

7. Checked folder properties: drwxrwxrwx 1 root root  768 2012-01-14 11:05 testmusic/

8. Tried again step 5

9. I got the same message in the log

?????????

Hi

Have you managed to get this working? I thought I had the same issue. I point headphones to scan /mnt/user/Media/Music and i get the "WARNING Cannot find directory: /mnt/user/media/music/. Not scanning" error.

However whilst reading through your posts Headphones started scanning the share.

"2012-01-22 11:15:38 INFO Scanning music directory: /mnt/user/Media/Music/

2012-01-22 11:14:48 WARNING Cannot find directory: /mnt/user/media/music/. Not scanning"

See after 50 seconds it starts scanning. Maybe the silly issue is patience?  :D

If you're running that on unRAID, be aware the filesystem is CASE-SENSITIVE. Make sure you enter the path correctly. It could be an application error where Headphones is piss-poor code and misbehaves.

"/mnt/user/Media/Music/" does not equal "/mnt/user/media/music/"

Hi

Have you managed to get this working? I thought I had the same issue. I point headphones to scan /mnt/user/Media/Music and i get the "WARNING Cannot find directory: /mnt/user/media/music/. Not scanning" error.

However whilst reading through your posts Headphones started scanning the share.

"2012-01-22 11:15:38 INFO Scanning music directory: /mnt/user/Media/Music/

2012-01-22 11:14:48 WARNING Cannot find directory: /mnt/user/media/music/. Not scanning"

See after 50 seconds it starts scanning. Maybe the silly issue is patience?  :D

tried and didn't work. After 5 min still no response