[Feature Request] The Ability To Mount & Unmount Unraid Arrays & Pools Separately From Each Other

Hello, 

I have a great idea for a new Feature the ability to mount and unmount unraid arrays & cache pools separately from one another like there could be a little line next to the array and each cache pool where you can check a little check box that says mount/unmount then you can scroll down to the normal "stop" button and push it and it will unmount only that one array or cache pool this would be a neat feature for when we have multiple arrays because we could unmount just one of the pools or arrays and replace a failed disk with out having to unmount all of the rest of the drives incase there is a parity check or rebuild going on with some of the other disks in a different pool or array or if someone else is using one of the pools or arrays but you need to fix something with out interrupting others that might be watching videos or reading or writing to other shares on a different array or pool 

and you could still use dockers and vms as long as you didn't unmount the main cache drive

so that would be really good for those who run unraid on there main computer and use a vm to passthrough windows or any other system as there main machine so i could be in a vm and open up the web gui and unmount an array or pool to change a failed drive or to do maintenance with out having to power down the vm to do so hope that makes sense

instead of a check box on each pool or array you could also just do a little window bar that when clicked it opens a little drop down box that will say all the pools and arrays that you have with little check box next to them and you just check the ones you want to unmount or mount and click yes and it would only unmount or mount those arrays or pools kinda like how when you make a "new config" it will ask if you want to keep pools array disks in the right order hopefully this makes sense i hope others think this would be a neat feature to 

if you think so be sure to like and comment so maybe enough people will see it and we can get it in a future release

Thank you all for your time... 😎JP

Edited by I Enjoy Creating Videos
  • Upvote 1
  • I Enjoy Creating Videos changed the title to [Feature Request] The Ability To Mount & Unmount Unraid Arrays & Pools Separately From Each Other
  • 1 month later...

+1 

Bumping this up.  I have several pools in a 24 drive setup.  Why shut down all the drives in the server when only a pool needs to be shut down?

This makes it all the more important now that unRAID has zfs.

• Like 1

yeah i agree it would be so nice to have a way to unmount a drive or pool and change it out and then mount it again with out having to stop all the drives or wake them all up when only 1 drive might need to be replaced because of a failed drive 

so far the only work around that i can think of is to have multiple unraids running in vms so you have the main unraid then you passthrough multiple hba's one to each vm that runs unraid so that way you can run your pools and arrays in there own unique unraid vm it is more expensive to have to buy more licenses and hba's but it is a work around but yeah it would be supper nice to have it all in one maybe one day  :)

• 4 weeks later...