Add /12 netmask to network config

I'm annoyed I have to manually edit my network.cfg file every time I need to make changes to my network config, all because /12 is not listed in the drop down box.  Please add this, I'm sure I'm not the only one who uses the 172.16.0.0/12 private IP range.( netmask 255.240.0.0 )

Maybe not the proper location to ask, but on a related topic, am I the only one who noticed that broadcast isn't set either, it always defaults to   0.0.0.0 instead of what it's suppose to be, or is this done on purpose for some reason?

10 minutes ago, KatelynM said:

172.16.0.0/12

Was never intended to be used as one big /12 (if you need that much, use 10.x/ 8 ) instead, but as seperate 172.16.x.x/16 to 172.31.x.x/16 LANs.

(at the time, the "free ranges" were invented, there was not even a chance to pick a netmask. The mask was fixed and depended on the used address range).

To prevent simple users, UNRAID only offers "common" netmasks.

So I don't think they may ever add it to the list. It is too confusing for the normal user.

Edited by MAM59
10 hours ago, MAM59 said:

Was never intended to be used as one big /12 (if you need that much, use 10.x/ 8 ) instead, but as seperate 172.16.x.x/16 to 172.31.x.x/16 LANs.

(at the time, the "free ranges" were invented, there was not even a chance to pick a netmask. The mask was fixed and depended on the used address range).

To prevent simple users, UNRAID only offers "common" netmasks.

So I don't think they may ever add it to the list. It is too confusing for the normal user.

To move my network to use 10./8 would require was more work then it's worth, I'd rather just manually editing the unraid network.cfg file in that case.  I normally end up configuring though the UI as 172./8 and then manually changing the netmask in the network.cfg file to 255.240.0.0, I honestly just wish we had an option to just not use the drop down and enter our own for people who knew what they where doing, even if it was hidden under some 'Advanced' tab or something.