Docker Service failed to start. Need help troubleshooting.

Go to solution Solved by Squid,

8 minutes ago, trurl said:

Just in case you weren't aware

Wow, thanks for the heads up... i have had my unraid installation for a very long time (probably over 10years).  I feel like this is going to cause a bit of pain.  Will read up on options.

But the use of RiserFS isn't the cause of the docker service failing to start is it?  That's my primary issue currently.  I will have to plan out the fs conversion at a later date.  Still keen on some help for the docker issue please.

Once you have your largest disk completely copied elsewhere, change the desired format in that disk's properties page, when you start the array it will show unmountable and ask you to format it. As long as that particular drive is the only one showing unmountable, go ahead and format. Then copy the entire content of your next largest disk to the newly formatted disk, verify the copy was completed accurately with file comparisons or whatever, change the source disk format, lather, rinse, repeat.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Mist80 said:

But the use of RiserFS isn't the cause of the docker service failing to start is it?  That's my primary issue currently.  I will have to plan out the fs conversion at a later date.  Still keen on some help for the docker issue please.

bumping this in case it was missed.

I don't see anything in syslog that indicates it is mounting docker.img or starting docker service. Just some lines saying it is stopping and unmounting docker, and no errors logged about that either.

Do you have a screenshot where it is telling you it is failing to start?

The service just doesn't start on a reboot.  Docker config showing it is enabled, but the status at the top says stopped.  I have toggled the "enable docker" option to no/yes but same issue persist.

image.thumb.png.8817d0ac7345c4d46920029f9e8eed94.png

image.thumb.png.b8db82cd421e18070ef25e9fff1fb696.png

Posted (edited)

I tried to do the recreate but no new vdisk file was created.  I also dont see any attempt in syslog for the docker engine to attempt to start.  When i disable docker in settings, i do see logs showing:

Mar 3 09:09:04 storage emhttpd: shcmd (51771): /etc/rc.d/rc.docker stop

Mar 3 09:09:04 storage root: stopping dockerd ...

... but I don't see anything in the logs that shows it attempting to start docker engine when i re-enable it.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Mist80