We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Reboot my Unraid, and Array status just says starting

In the meantime, user shares are no longer accessible.  I'm also trying to install sickbeard, couchpotato plugin, both hang.  Probably because they can't see the location where I intend them to install to, since array is just starting. 

I've restarted the unraid box, still stuck in the same area.  Any ideas how to fix this?  The box is new, nothing inside yet.  Please help.

In the meantime, user shares are no longer accessible.  I'm also trying to install sickbeard, couchpotato plugin, both hang.  Probably because they can't see the location where I intend them to install to, since array is just starting. 

I've restarted the unraid box, still stuck in the same area.  Any ideas how to fix this?  The box is new, nothing inside yet.  Please help.

Your add-ons are probably being installed before the array is online, and therefore preventing it from starting.

Add a delay to ensure the array is online before starting any add on that is accessing (reading or writing, or running from)  the disks.

Hello Joe L.,

I finally got it working.  You are right, it's the plugins that are causing the problem.  It took me a lot of reading on the plugins (sickbeard, couchpotato) before I got it to work finally. 

If anyone is interested to know what had to be done, I have to move the installation files created by the plugins on a different folder, to the folder where I assigned it to be installed. 

Thanks Joe L.

• 1 month later...

I'm having a similar issue where the array hangs in "Starting".

The work around is to disable all plug-ins and then re-start them after the array is up.

Also.. it takes several minutes  for unraid to install the plug-ins at boot time.. even if they are 'disabled'

So two questions ..

Is there an automated way to defer the start of some plugins until after the array is up?

And same for plug-in install during boot.. can some of them be deferred until after the array is ready. ?

TIA ..and happy new years all !

• 1 month later...
If anyone is interested to know what had to be done, I have to move the installation files created by the plugins on a different folder, to the folder where I assigned it to be installed. 

Could you describe this more detailed. I'm having the exact same issues as you.

For a refined way of doing this try the following code-block. Set the max_wait value to be the upper limit you want to spend before moving on.

# wait for all disks to be mounted, or until timed out...
max_wait=30
total_wait=0
sleep_delay=5
num_configured=`grep "disk[0-9]*=" /boot/config/disk.cfg | wc -l`
while [ : ]
do
md_disk_mounted=`mount | grep "/dev/md[0-9]*" | wc -l`
[ "$num_configured" = "$md_disk_mounted" ] && break
[ $total_wait -gt $max_wait ] && break
sleep $sleep_delay
(( total_wait += $sleep_delay ))
done

• 1 month later...

id like to know more about this too.

i moved my plugins directory to the cache drive, which starts the array fine, but doesnt install the plugins once the array starts...

Could you describe this more detailed. I'm having the exact same issues as you.

Archived