Permissions on unraid 5 beta 13

I have run the permissions tool on unraid 5 after upgrading from 4.7

The tool runs through but I am still having problems writing to a few folders. Can anyone shed some light as to why this may be happening? I have even run the commands I see in the permissions tool manually through telnet session and still have problems.

Yeah. I have done a little research on how to use chmod.

I am currently running

sudo chmod u+rwx . -R

whilst in folder /mnt/user/Data( Which is the share )

this seems to be doing the trick. Is it ok to run it in the share or should it be for each seperate disk?

I have just cancelled that and ammended to sudo chmod u+rwx . -R so that it reflects rwxrwx--- as you stated. Hope thats what needs to be done. I appreciate your reply!

Just wonder why the permissions utility only changed select folders and not the whole lot.

I would perhaps try running the utility again? I'm not sure why it'd miss some folders. The only issue I have is, I use my cache drive for my Transmission client. Any new folder Transmission creates is set to root/root and i can't move/delete from windows. But it's a small problem in the grand scheme of things and i just work around it for now. I'm sure there is a way to fix, but I haven't had the time to research it.

• 4 weeks later...

I would perhaps try running the utility again? I'm not sure why it'd miss some folders. The only issue I have is, I use my cache drive for my Transmission client. Any new folder Transmission creates is set to root/root and i can't move/delete from windows. But it's a small problem in the grand scheme of things and i just work around it for now. I'm sure there is a way to fix, but I haven't had the time to research it.

I am running into the same problem.  Any one have a way of resolving this?

thanks

I am running into the same problem.  Any one have a way of resolving this?

thanks

transmission is being run as root by the sound of it. Do u use the Linux transmission-daemon? I use it on my Ubuntu lamp/torrent/media storage server. I am not sure how u install transmission into unRAID if thats how the daemon is firing up. Maybe if u gave some more details I can attempt to help. My Linux (Debian based) is strong I am just in the process of building my first unRAID server so I need to learn how its tied into unRAID

Tapatalk is tha shizzle

Archived