Failed rebuild on replacement drive

Hi,

I recently tried to upgrade disk1 from 1.5 TB to 2.0 TB. I had recently performed a parity check (no errors), so I stopped the array, unassigned the drive, and powered down.

Screenshot *before* the upgrade:

20111106diskstatuscopy.th.png

I installed the new drive in the same bay as the old one (disk 1), and started the array (blue ball), rebuilding the drive based on the previous parity.

Screenshot *after* the upgrade:

20111107diskstatuscopy.th.png

However, at *some* point during the rebuilding process, the server froze. I wasn't able to access it remotely, and it didn't even have an IP assigned on the router. I went to the console and logged in, but I was immediately logged out.

I hard reset the server, and it came back up, although the parity was rebuilding. Since I wasn't 100% sure that disk1 had finished rebuilding, I didn't trust the parity (it had already found a bunch of errors). I stopped the rebuild of the parity, unassigned the drive, and powered the server down.

I reinstalled the *old* 1.5 TB drive in disk1 and started the server, and reassigned it to disk1.

Now I have this:

1182011121812am.th.png

This is what I think I have:

• Incorrect parity
  • Good data for all of my disks (including disk1)

How do I restore drive1 with the existing data on it? I basically want to start the array and rebuild parity, trusting that all of the data on the disks is correct.

Thanks for the help!

syslog-2011-11-07.txt