Can't get new (4th) sata drive to spin up, power issue? 8-pin sata vs 2-pin sata

Hey all.

I have a UNRAID system that is humming along and I'm trying to add a new drive to the system but I cannot get the bios of my machine to even recognize the drive no matter what combination of cables i use (even a combo of one that is currently working with a current drive.

My motherboard is a GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 and I currently have 3 WD Red NAS drives installed.  The drives have connectors that look like the one here:

sata connectors on one side and two jumper pins.

the new drive looks like this... with 8 pins

IMG_3293.thumb.JPG.6f56a79960968b9b084435adb0576f62.JPG

at first i thought I had a drive failure so I sent it back to the manufacturer to get a new one... but just like the last drive, it won't show up in the bios even when i swap this drive out for one of the ones that is currently working (same cables, etc)

Is there something that I'm missing with these drives that have 8 pins for the "jumper section" instead of 2?  It's like the drive is never getting power as i don't feel it spinning up when it starts...

Thanks.

edit: I do also have a cache drive installed on the motherboard.  I know that can give issues with sata availability to some motherboards... but that should have tested out by swapping the hard drive out for an existing one using the same cables

Edited by jasonjolly