[6.12.8] Having problems hosting a game on a Unraid VM

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Having a problem with pinging and connecting to a game hosted on a Unraid VM, it's a LAN game so we tried to set up tunneling with hosting OpenVM on the VM and then when he couldn't connect we tried with (LogMeIn) "Himachi" tunneling in as well. There isn't a docker available for the game, but I don't understand why my VM won't allow me to host and have incoming connections or where to begin allowing incoming connections which seems to be the problem.

So after not being able to get OpenVM or Himachi to connect to the Unraid VM we just decided to try connecting to each others gaming PC's and leave the Unraid VM that is suppose to be hosting the game out of it and immediately we could ping the assigned IP addresses through the application, and our own assigned IP addresses through windows command prompt, something I can't do on the VM for some reason.

Internet browsing and such works fine on the VM, I can pull down files, watch youtube, access the Unraid shares, the VM "works" normally, I just don't get why I can't allow outside connections in.

Friends Gaming PC - Can ping his own Himachi IP Address, and can ping My Gaming PC Himachi IP Address but not the VMW10 server Himachi IP Address
My Gaming PC - Can Ping my Himachi IP Address, and can ping His PC Himachi IP Adress but not the server Himachi IP Address
My Unraid PC with Windows 10 VM - Cannot ping it's own Himachi IP Address, cannot ping either of our gaming PCs Himachi IP Addresses

Checked my year old OBS NDI Windows 10 VM to see if it could ping itself, so settings were just corrupt on the new  VM that was unable to ping itself, built the whole thing again without the guide I used to set up OpenVPN and went straight for LogMeIn Himachi and it worked immediately, checking the VM was the right solution!