Ryzen 3700x and MSI B450 - issue booting

Hi all 

Recently upgraded my main PC and moved my old Ryzen 3700x and MSI B450 Tomahawk Max to my Unraid build.  Currently have a LSI 9207-8i HBA and Tesla P4 for Plex transcoding, but with the new CPU/motherboard it won't post.  There isn't integrated graphics on the 3700x, so toggled the bios setting to ignore on boot.  It will post if only including the HBA OR the Tesla P4, but not both.  Tried flipping them in the two PCI slots but no luck, and toggled some bios settings but nothing will post.  Threw in an old Radeon HD 7870 + HBA and it booted no issues, so maybe there's a power issue with HBA + Tesla P4

At a bit of a loss, going to remove the Tesla P4 for now as the 3700x should be fine for the number of transcodes for the time being, but welcome any ideas.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

You're dealing with some funky GPU's on that build... Why didn't you get your hands on something more standard like a Quadro P2000 or P4000? a Radeon isn't going to do you much good for transcoding. That 3700x isn't going to cut the mustard either. AMD's transcoding capabilities are garbage. I have AMD in all my builds but honestly they're really dragging ass on the transcoding side. Intel & Nvidia are crushing them there.

Edited by BigDaddyDingDong
  • Upvote 1