[SOLVED] Several packages don't re-install on re-boot

For whatever reason (I really can't think of a valid one), the auto install feature doesn't work for many packages.

When I restart the server and go to the Pck Manager tab, I can see many of my addons not installed. They are downloaded though... so I just have to click on install. After this the option of re-install on re-boot is automatically selected, and I can see the packages on the /boot/packages folder, but it doesn't re-install them.

Any idea? this is quite a pain, I was starting to feel happy with my install and then this happened  ???

Some of the addons not started are the basic ones, such as the monthly parity check and  the mail and ssmtp.

I can provide a list of the addons not working, if this really helps.

For whatever reason (I really can't think of a valid one), the auto install feature doesn't work for many packages.

When I restart the server and go to the Pck Manager tab, I can see many of my addons not installed. They are downloaded though... so I just have to click on install. After this the option of re-install on re-boot is automatically selected, and I can see the packages on the /boot/packages folder, but it doesn't re-install them.

Any idea? this is quite a pain, I was starting to feel happy with my install and then this happened  ???

Some of the addons not started are the basic ones, such as the monthly parity check and  the mail and ssmtp.

I can provide a list of the addons not working, if this really helps.

Each of the scripts are run in turn.  All will have "package-name.auto_install" files, which are basically shell scripts.  All are run by the one line added by the initial install of the first to your "go" script.

Apparently, one is failing, or waiting for a prompt.

It installs them in alphabettic order.  Type

find /boot/packages -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort

to see the order in which they are installed.

Find the last one installed, go from there.   

Hi Joe L,

thanks a lot! I run the command and check the first program not installed, which was md5depp.

I remove all occurrences from /boot/packages and then everything went fine. i check and all of them are there, lock'd and ready!  ;D

BTW, how can I install md5deep, any ideas?

I'm have md5deep installing with no problem. Update and restart unMenu on the User Scripts tab.

I don't know what I did when I first installed it, but this time I just followed your instructions and worked!

thanks!

PS:  I re-started the server and everything seem to be working fine.