SMART 0xB5 (ID 181) Every Unraid Reboot Increases by 22 (filesystem) and 18 (parity)

Hello,

New unraid user here; 6.12.8.  Every reboot within Unraid causes an increase in this SMART attribute by 22 (all filesystem drives) and 18 (all parity drives).

All Brand New Equipment:

ASRock Rack X570D4U

AMD R7 5700x

4x 32GB Kingston ECC  Server memory (QVL for board)

4x Teamgroup QX 4TB ssd drives (2 filesystem 2 parity array) 

Seasonic Focus Platinum PX-750 powersupply

Not new equipment:

Nvidia GTX 970 (for unreal compiling/building)

Filesystem is set to XFS.

In Unraid, controller type is set to default.  I ran both the quick and extended tests within Unraid on one of the drives (the one with the really large value).  Nothing was reported for any drive. 

The really large value I am sure is something I did, but I am not worried about that.  I am worried about about the inability of the SSD's to program after each reboot. 

Nothing is on the filesystem, this is freshly set up as of last night.

I can supply whatever logs you want, just ask.  I have supplied the four drives' smart logs.

TEAM_T2534TB_Disk1(Filesystem)_20240310-1626.txt TEAM_T2534TB_Disk2(Filesystem)_20240310-1626.txt TEAM_T2534TB_Parity1_20240310-1628.txt TEAM_T2534TB_Parity2_20240310-1626.txt

I am not a wikipedia fan, but this page lists it with citations of whre they got that information from.  

Wikipedia SMART

Does that help?  I have a ticket in with Teamgroup, the manufacturer of my SSDs, but they are stonewalling, suggesting these SSD's are consumer grade and not guaranteed for RAID setup.  

• 2 weeks later...