Unraid unable to stop array (randomly)

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hi,

First off, really enjoying unraid and setting up everything, total noob here so thanks for all of the support out here.

I am having a very strange issue which happens seemingly at random; sometimes unraid can't stop the array and fails to power off, i have to manually power off the server as the CPU cores start going crazy hitting 100%.

Not sure if it's plex related? Can't figure out what the hell is going on from the logs -.-

Any ideas? Thank you for your time!

Capture.PNG

Edited by Pola
remove logs from system
  • Solution

I see this in the syslog

Mar 13 03:40:01 PolaFlix kernel: XFS (md1p1): Metadata corruption detected at xfs_dinode_verify+0xa0/0x732 [xfs], inode 0x200000b7 dinode
Mar 13 03:40:01 PolaFlix kernel: XFS (md1p1): Unmount and run xfs_repair

You should run a check filesystem and repair on disk1 to fix this (via the GUI).

Less important I see this:

Mar 12 14:27:00 PolaFlix root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share La Biblioteca de Pola set to not use the cache, but files / folders exist on the cache drive

which you probably also want to fix.

• Thanks 1

Hi!

Thank you for your reply; will run that on disk 1! Weird thing is it doesn't always happen...

With respect to the cache, the files seem to be on both the disk and cache; i tried running the mover with the cache assigned to the array and it didn't move anything; i will now try to assign the cashe to the share; and manually move using Krusader.

Tried Krusader without assigning the cache; can't seem to access via Krusader!

Does this sound correct?

Thank you very much for your help :)

5 minutes ago, Pola said:

With respect to the cache, the files seem to be on both the disk and cache; i tried running the mover with the cache assigned to the array and it didn't move anything;

This is expected - mover will never overwrite an existing file.

You need to decide which copy you wish to keep and delete the other one.   Dynamix File Manager is probably the easiest way to do this.

• Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, itimpi said:

This is expected - mover will never overwrite an existing file.

You need to decide which copy you wish to keep and delete the other one.   Dynamix File Manager is probably the easiest way to do this.

All good, wasn't sure how to move to the array from the cache as it listed the 2 disks in the array, i think either would have been fine but just to be safe have moved to a different share and will copy form there :)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!

have a great weekend!