Switching to i7 12700t and Asrock Z790 PG-ITX TB4

Hi there alll,

first post so please excuse any mistakes. I have been using Unraid up till now with a cwwk n5105 and the main use for it

is just Jellyfin. Have found that the processor is pretty poor when it comes to transcoding, worse than my old Qnap ts-453d in fact.

Having reluctantly sold the Qnap, I have purchased an i7 12700t from cex and an  Asrock Z790 PG-ITX TB4 from eBay,

which are arriving on Saturday.

Hoping that this will give me nice low power consumption transcoding beast, and that the built in 2.5gb ethernet works.

As for the Tiopton / cwwk  it's being retired after 4 months of use.

Regards

Jack

Let me know how it's been running with the 12700t. I've been looking at doing a i5-14600T. Haven't found any builds with it for feedback on power and performance. I run HA and a few dockers and vm current. Figure that would only go up over time as I find more to things to run on my server.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2024 at 11:23 AM, niteman1969 said:

Hi there alll,

first post so please excuse any mistakes. I have been using Unraid up till now with a cwwk n5105 and the main use for it

is just Jellyfin. Have found that the processor is pretty poor when it comes to transcoding, worse than my old Qnap ts-453d in fact.

Having reluctantly sold the Qnap, I have purchased an i7 12700t from cex and an  Asrock Z790 PG-ITX TB4 from eBay,

which are arriving on Saturday.

Hoping that this will give me nice low power consumption transcoding beast, and that the built in 2.5gb ethernet works.

As for the Tiopton / cwwk  it's being retired after 4 months of use.

Regards

Jack

How did your build? I am also planning to have similar config for my new setup.