How does anime naming scheme work in jellyfin together with the arr stack?

Go to solution Solved by MowMdown,

Hi, sorry if this the wrong place to post this, feel free to move it to wherever I should have posted it. I'm trying to follow this guide I foundJellyfin's naming scheme and Trash Guides recommendations to decide how to name my current DB and DBZ series I have as preparation for my future media server project. The "this guide I found" link is just there incase you guys want some context to how i'm going to set everything up.

Trash Guides says the episode name should be this inside sonarr:

"{Series TitleYear} - S{season:00}E{episode:00} - {absolute:000} - {Episode CleanTitle} [{Custom Formats }{Quality Full}]{[MediaInfo VideoDynamicRangeType]}[{MediaInfo VideoBitDepth}bit]{[MediaInfo VideoCodec]}[{Mediainfo AudioCodec} { Mediainfo AudioChannels}]{MediaInfo AudioLanguages}{-Release Group}"

or more clearly written

"The Series Title! (2010) - S01E01 - 001 - Episode Title 1 [iNTERNAL HDTV-720p v2][HDR10][10bit][x264][DTS 5.1][JA]-RlsGrp"

But Jellyfin wants everything to be like this:

"Series Name A S01E01-E02.mkv"

This is how i've done it until now:

876191184_Skrmbild2024-03-15162517.png.cf5ad447f4030ff89ef4fb0dc86a2c30.png

And this is how the file looks unedited:

Skärmbild 2024-03-15 164802.png

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Yes sonarr and radarr have an import function. It will rename and move the files when they’ve finished downloading. You shouldn’t have to do anything manually.

the *arrs apps also have batch renaming for already imported files.

Edited by MowMdown