Help Needed: Registration Key / USB Flash GUID Mismatch After USB Failure

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hello!

I've run into a problem with my Unraid trial setup that I'm hoping to get some assistance with. After my original USB flash drive failed, I found myself without a system backup. I started my Unraid OS system yesterday and I am still using Trial. Fortunately, I was able to recover the /config directory from the broke USB drive. Following this, I used the Unraid USB Creator to set up a new USB flash drive and copied the /config directory to it. However, upon booting from the new drive, I encountered a "Registration key / USB Flash GUID mismatch" error.

In an attempt to resolve this, I tried to Replace The Key but faced another hurdle, receiving the error: "Error: {'message':'Request failed with status code 403','data':{'error':'KeyFile is not registered with Lime Technology - please contact support and provide your Keyfile.'}}"

I understand that the registration key is linked to the unique GUID of the USB flash drive, and it appears that replacing the drive without properly updating this registration is at the heart of my dilemma. I'm seeking your advice on how to correct this mismatch and successfully associate my registration key with the new USB flash drive's GUID.

For reference, here are the GUID details:

Previous GUID: 21C4-B051-5122-XXXXXX301866

New GUID (Ending in): 3B1339911879

I would greatly appreciate any guidance on how to proceed with reassociating my registration key with the new GUID, or if there are any steps I may have overlooked in this process.

Thank you so much for your time and support. Any help or advice you can provide would be invaluable.

Best regards,

unraidos-diagnostics-20240317-1321.zip