Unraid server crashes frequently

Go to solution Solved by goodwincnj,

Hello all!

I have an issue where occasionally I have to hard reboot my system as the WebUI or Console are none responsave.  This has been going on for about a month or so every few days. 

Server is used for Plex. 

I have two additinal dockers, sqllitebrowser and speedTest-By-OpenSpeedTest

I can remove these if they're affecting the server. However, I have had them off, and it still crashes. 

I have enabled syslog to flash so when it happens again I will try to pull the logs and add to this thread unless someone can assist me isolating the issue before then. 

Specs:

Unriad ver 6.12.8

HW Intel NUC 13 - NUC13OXv9B

Mem 64 GB DDR5

GPU is Intel Iris Xe

Diagnostics are attached. 

goodyflix-diagnostics-20240319-1630.zip

JorgeB,

I wanted to update you. I appreciate your help, I believe it is indeed the cable, however this is a NUC13, so I have to order the cable as its not a standard SATA cable. I took it apart and its a very flimsy ribbon cable so I suspect that is the issue. 

When I get it and replace it I will monitor it a few days and update this post. 

Again, thanks for your help!

• Like 1

I replaced the SATA cable yesterday, and I have syslog going to flash, I will pull that and include it this evening when I get home. 

I am thinking of just moving everything to new HW. I have a desktop that is not currently in use so, I would loose some processing power and memory capability, however this system (plex only) hardly ever goes over 10% of resources so I suppose it would not have a negative effect.

I believe I have may have isolated the cause. I am not sure why but it appears the plugin Appdata Backup is causeing the server to crash. I have the latest version 2024.03.17 installed and its reporting as being up to date as of this post. 

I noticed that the issue is every morning the server is unresponsive so I have to reboot, then its fine until the next morning. 

I didnt consider Appdata Backup as an issue until this morning, when I rememberd it is running every night. 

I have it set to run at 3 AM daily as I have been working on my plex server daily doing various things such as file cleanup, metadata updates and media art such as backgrounds, banners and posters. Because we spend so much time on it each day I back it up daily. 

I rebooted the server as usual and had everything up and running. Afterwhich, I did a manual back up and the server indeed stopped responding. I am going to turn off the back ups for a few days and see what happens, although I am 99% convinced this is the issue now. I will update in a few days.