ECS A885GM-A2 - $57.56 after MIR (potential 20 drive budget board)

Rajahal

ECS A885GM-A2 (V1.1) AM3 AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard

$50 after MIR + $7.56 shipping (free with ShopRunner)

I'm currently testing this board as my new recommended 20 Drive Budget Board.  So far so good, but the testing isn't complete yet.  If it does pass my tests, it will be a steal at this price.  Once my testing is complete, I'll publish the results in the Greenleaf Blog.

That is not a bad price for a board with so many features.

5x Sata 6GBps is a nice bonus.. could actually make a 21 drive build at no additional cost then the 20 drive.

Nice HD vid card for a built in card, 32GB of ram, 8 channel audio. only thing missing is USB3 and the kitchen sink...

That could be the replacement board I'm looking for and the rebate is good through the end of the month too.  Is there a reason this couldn't run 2 AOC-SASLP-MV8 cards (or equivalent)?  Then I think it would be well above 20 drives with the PCIEx1 slots...I just couldn't tell exactly how you were arriving at 20.

That could be the replacement board I'm looking for and the rebate is good through the end of the month too.  Is there a reason this couldn't run 2 AOC-SASLP-MV8 cards (or equivalent)?  Then I think it would be well above 20 drives with the PCIEx1 slots...I just couldn't tell exactly how you were arriving at 20.

We just list it as a 20 drive budget board as that is all that unRAID currently supports.  We don't want to give a false impression or anything of that nature.

you could theoretically put 25 drives on the PCI-e bus.

Archived