Wiping an existing install to start fresh

What is the best way to start with a new Unraid install?  I've seen different advice on this and not found anything authoritative on this topic.  I assume it's solely wiping the USB and keeping the key.  However, I've seen different information on which file to keep, and some references to a key file that doesn't exist in my USB, so I'm assuming some of that is out of date.  I have a license.text file which seems to be the license key.  If I want to start an install like it was a brand new server, what exactly are the steps?

On 3/22/2024 at 3:59 AM, JorgeB said:

Create a new flash drive and copy only the key.

Easy enough.  What about the file system on the drives?  Just a simple format to wipe that?  Nothing funny Unraid is going to try and preserve?

Yes, you can format any data or pool drive that you want to erase. Unraid won't offer to format mountable drives, so you can temporarily change the disk or pool desired filesystem to a different option, then when the array is started it will show the unmountable drives and ask if you want to format them.