Unraid Docker/VM not starting. User Directory missing?

Hello Unraid Forum,

I am confused. I have tried Unraid in the past before and everything worked flawlessly with this setup. Now since I found out that moonlight/sunhine works very well in my scenario I wanted to give migrating to a windows vm again a try. 

Now I am following the installation guide and turn on virtualization, disable fast boot... 

Unraid starts I create an Array and start it. After that either vm/docker is starting. The installation is completely fresh. No plugins no configurations... I am using a second usb drive to create the array.

I tried multiple fixes now with recreating docker image, setting path in config/domain.cfg file (which was empty)...

root@unraid:~# ls -lsah /mnt/
/bin/ls: /mnt/user: No such file or directory
/bin/ls: /mnt/user0: No such file or directory
total 0
0 drwxr-xr-x  4 root root  80 Mar 22 05:16 ./
0 drwxr-xr-x 20 root root 420 Mar 22 05:27 ../
0 d---------  1 root root   0 Dec 31  1969 user/
0 d---------  1 root root   0 Dec 31  1969 user0/
root@unraid:~# 

Can anybody of you help me I am not finding anything in the logs or I am looking on the wrong places... :/ 

Thank you in advance!

Regards

unraid-diagnostics-20240322-1327.zip

Posted (edited)

thank you... my mistake I didn't saw the error on array page and in the log I thought the disk that was mentioned is something different not used by unraid. But now it makes that he stores the images onto the pool.

EDIT: somehow the website is now periodically offline and saying connection refused but then again working flawlessly some minutes. Will investitage on ir. Or does anyone have a solution for this? Tried installing the unraid connect plugin/disabling/enabling ssl... 

Edited by Ojun
Posted (edited)

Ok so I tried docker always after starting the Array. Maybe I took the diagnostics when it was not started. But as @JorgeB wrote the problem with the docker/vm startup was related to not format the usb drive in array. 

So I have choosen now a different USB drive for my Array with 64 instead of 16GB. Since that the connection refused error is also gone. Don't know if this is related. 

FYI I wanted to use the USB because as normal storage I wanted to have a ZFS pool. And I read in the forum it is required to have at least 1 drive to the array assigned. 

Thank you for your help guys!

Edited by Ojun