System hanging, not responding

Hi everyone, hope you are doing fine !

I am looking for some help concerning my system, for which I have been having issues for a few months now ...

The system keeps hanging, with the GUI being either non-responsive, or just not available, docker containers not working, and Samba shares being unavailable 🫣

I tried finding a pattern to the problem, but it really is erratic ! The fewer dockers online, the longer it takes before hanging, but I can't seem to reliably tell if it is related to disk activity, downloading, backing up ... Happens during the day sometimes, but usually at night when activity is slow ...

System with no dockers works perfectly fine.

So I tried finding a culprit in the docker containers, by just running one or two and then trying the others, but could not find a single culprit.

I have some high CPU usage spikes, without knowing where it comes from ... Sometimes it hangs, sometime it does not.

Tried switching the network type to ipvlan, as recommended on other posts.

I activated syslogging, and really can't understand a thing about the logs ...

What I can see is something that keeps coming back, usually before the system hangs up : open_internal_samr_conn: Could not connect to samr pipe: NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT

Keeps trying to connect for a while, until I have to hard reset the system.

Does anyone know what it means ?

Or what I can do to better understand or identify what is going on ?

Thanks a lot for your help ! 🤓

Have a great evening

PS : my diagnostics files is attached

kegvault-diagnostics-20240323-2229.zip

The syslog in the diagnostics is the RAM version that starts afresh every time the system is booted.  You should enable the syslog server (probably with the option to Mirror to Flash set) to get a syslog that survives a reboot so we can see what leads up to a crash.  The mirror to flash option is the easiest to set up (and if used the file is then automatically included in any diagnostics), but if you are worried about excessive wear on the flash drive you can put your server's address into the remote server field.