Cannot access Web GUI.

I cannot access the Web GUI, when I try to log into the GUI I am confronted by a blank page. I have tried from multiple browsers. I can access all of my shares, and Telnet into the server, but I cannot access the web interface. I have tried disabling my firewall and antivirus, but neither had any effect. I did not change anything, so I am not sure what I can do other than start from scratch. I was running unRAID 5.0 beta 8c, and have tried upgrading to the latest beta (replacing bzroot and bzimage), but that did not seem to change anything.

I cannot access the Web GUI, when I try to log into the GUI I am confronted by a blank page. I have tried from multiple browsers. I can access all of my shares, and Telnet into the server, but I cannot access the web interface. I have tried disabling my firewall and antivirus, but neither had any effect. I did not change anything, so I am not sure what I can do other than start from scratch. I was running unRAID 5.0 beta 8c, and have tried upgrading to the latest beta (replacing bzroot and bzimage), but that did not seem to change anything.

Well I know what's happening and may know the solution.I'm guessing the problem started after a password was assigned to root. Your security credentials dialog isn't appearing so your browser isn't allowed to show the page.  Try your IP address then :8080 that should show the unmenu top frame and a broken link in the bottom frame like the attached screen cap.

The problem is caused by your security software. I know you said you turned it off and tried but it is likely there is a part of that software that runs even when it appears to be turned off in order to catch craft Trojans.

In my case simply turning Bit Defender off in security suites' control center was not enough. I had to reboot into safe mode, edit startup using Msconfig or CCleaner's tools to kill all processes related to Bit Defender. Once I do that I can access the web gui fine. I can even reboot to normal minus the security suite and access it. The moment I restart the security suite I'm unable to see the GUI because Bit Defender prevents the credentials dialog box from appearing. I found the following in another post.

"OK..found the culprit: ESET NOD32 5 antivirus software. When I disable the web scanning on port 80 I am able to load the Unraid GUI with no issues! I had just upgraded to NOD32 5.0 when this started and should have looked there sooner.

NOD 32 5.0.93.0 on Windows 7 Ultimate X64.

Solution was as follows:

1) Right Click on NOD32 icon on taskbar and select "Advanced Setup"

2) Expand "Web and Email".

3) Expand "Web access protect".

4) Highlight "HTTP, HTTPS" and uncheck "Enable HTTP Checking".

5) Click ok."

I found a similar entry for Norton as well. I escalated my problem with BitDefender tech support but they have no clue. They keep asking for the same information over and over again.  Having had horrible trouble with Kaspersky and Norton in the past I'm stuck where to go next. What I do now is boot a standby laptop that has only AVG antivirus running and access the server that way.

Good luck

serevr.jpg.5003219f97ca9d67eaffcc22b33963b7.jpg

Archived