UnRAID Randomly Goes Offline Since 6.12.8 Upgrade

Hi All,

I'm not super techy or anything but I noticed after upgrading to 6.12.8 my Plex Media Server would randomly go offline and majority of the time I'm out of state. Luckily, I use Unifi PDU Pro to reset the server to bring Plex back up because I can't connect thru UnRAID connect due to it being offline (which should have been my first hint it was not Plex). I'm finally home and it happened again and I can't even get into Server Management locally which not tells me it's mostly likely an UnRAID issue over Plex. Now, it could still be docker related but I'm not smart even to decipher log files or anything. I was about to do a downgrade and UnRAID asked me to reach out to the community, so I said, why not, Maybe someone else is having similar issues.

As for the issue itself. It is not consistent every day or anything or consistently any particular time of the day that I'm aware of. When the issue does happen, only a hard reboot will fix the issue (most likely due to the fact that I can not get into the GUI to see/do anything).

I'm hoping these Diagnostics that UnRAID compiled for me will tell you smart gurus anything. I will hold off on the downgrade for a week or so because I'd like to stay on the current version, if possible. But I was going to downgrade as a theory to see if it was version related or a coincidence and something else is going on. The only major changes was upgrading my unRAID version and a minor change was creating multiple Plex Media Servers to split Movies, TV Shows, and Music.

certezaplex-diagnostics-20240325_0225.zip

16 minutes ago, trurl said:

Diagnostics after reboot can't tell us what happened before. Setup syslog server.

You have some out-of-date plugins. This one in particular has caused problems recently:

disklocation-master.plg - 2024.03.10  (Update available: 2024.03.22)

This might be related:

I looked into this and ran the df -h command. I'm not sure if it's the same or not but here is the output of it:

image.png.1ab77f8617112ff2fb4a18ce8b0837d0.png

I also setup (hopefully correctly) that syslog server thing so next time it does crash I will post the logs here.

Thank you for your time and help so far, it's much appreciated.

1 hour ago, LonelyScythe said:

random dockers magically deleting themselves

Maybe because they had empty mappings, which is technically a syntax error. Previous versions allowed this. You can get rid of the empty mappings, or install Docker Patch plugin.

4 hours ago, trurl said:

Maybe because they had empty mappings, which is technically a syntax error. Previous versions allowed this. You can get rid of the empty mappings, or install Docker Patch plugin.

Awesome! I did install this and I will bring back the auto installer and see how things go. thanks for the side tip!