Disk Replacement - Data Rebuild w/Errors - Next Steps/Advice?

Hi Guys,

Long story short, had some 'thermal management' issues in my 'comms room' that may have started to push some of my older drives closer to EOL.

Drive sdj threw a couple of SMART errors so set about replacing that one first with a pre-cleared 4TB drive sdi that was pre-cleared.

During rebuild of data drive sde threw 41 read errors which translated to 41 data errors with the rebuild. 

Last Parity check without errors was 07 Mar 24.

See attached diagnostics.

sdj still attached to machine and hasn't been touched since removing from the array.

Data on that drive is largely expendable. Non-expendable is backed up elsewhere.

I have another 4TB waiting to be pre-cleared that is available for either replacement of another drive or adding to the array.

What are my next steps before I make this situation worse.....

TIA 

tower-diagnostics-20240326-0923.zip

23 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

I don't see any rebuild in the logs, when was it done?

Started 22 Mar 1051

Finished 22 Mar 2254

No reboot or power cycle since!

Data-Rebuild	2024-03-22, 22:53:15 (Friday)	4 TB	12 hr, 2 min, 49 sec	92,2 MB/s	OK	41

Ok, extended sde SMART test is running. Will post results. Same for sdj, the disc I replaced in the array.

Any ideas why there is such a gap in my logs?  syslog-previous ends Mar 21 12:30:57. Any place else I can go looking for them?

Log seems to be flooded with an nvidia error that I've not seen before!

SMART test passed so the disk is OK for now, keep monitoring, especially these two attributes:

ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAGS    VALUE WORST THRESH FAIL RAW_VALUE
  1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate     POSR-K   200   200   051    -    99
200 Multi_Zone_Error_Rate   ---R--   200   200   000    -    22

If they keep increasing you will likely get more errors, and in that case I would recommend replacing it.