Purchased basic to plus upgrade - array still blocked

Go to solution Solved by chr,

purchased the plus upgrade. Still prevented from starting the array. Same message

“7 out of 6 allowed devices – upgrade your key to support more devices”

Help please! Need the server running.

Edited by chr
Just now, chr said:

No, I have not.  

I’m thinking of removing a device for now to buy some time 

If you have the .key file for the Plus licence in the ‘config’ folder on the flash drive then it should work.  If you have it there and it is not working then you will need to contact support and if that is required removing a device could be a stopgap while working out why your plus licence is not working.

It might be worth you attaching your system’s diagnostics zip file to your next post in this thread to see if we can spot an issue/

1 minute ago, chr said:

Thanks for help. Good suggestion. I got a receipt but no new .key file - expected it to be done automatically in the background. 

You will definitely need a new .key file.    Not sure if it normally comes attached to the receipt email or whether that email includes a link to download it.

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Thanks again. My email was playing tricks (spam folder) - so there was indeed another email with instructions and a link to update the key. You helped me to get on the right track…

Edited by chr