unRAID Server Release 5.0-beta14 Available

limetech

OFF TOPIC:

After have some weird syslog messages about netatalk and Time Machine, I'd compiled netatalk-2.2.2 to v5b12a with all dependencies updated to latest version:

avahi-0.6.31

db-5.3.15

libdaemon-0.14

libgcrypt-1.5.0

libgpg-error-1.9

netatalk-2.2.2

The package can be found here: http://gfjardim.googlecode.com/files/netatalk-2.2.2-all_dep-unRAID-v5b12a.txz

It should be downloaded to your unRAID's "/boot/extra" directory.

I've been running this successfully for two days.

That sounds great, do you think that this Version would also work for b14, or does this have to be compiled in another way?

I also tried building this package, but Slackware is not my favorite distro, and so i have my problems understanding how this packages are build.

Maybe peter_sm cold also bundle it up with his changes and the new Samba Version he got.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OFF TOPIC:

After have some weird syslog messages about netatalk and Time Machine, I'd compiled netatalk-2.2.2 to v5b12a with all dependencies updated to latest version:

avahi-0.6.31

db-5.3.15

libdaemon-0.14

libgcrypt-1.5.0

libgpg-error-1.9

netatalk-2.2.2

The package can be found here: http://gfjardim.googlecode.com/files/netatalk-2.2.2-all_dep-unRAID-v5b12a.txz

It should be downloaded to your unRAID's "/boot/extra" directory.

I've been running this successfully for two days.

That sounds great, do you think that this Version would also work for b14, or does this have to be compiled in another way?

I also tried building this package, but Slackware is not my favorite distro, and so i have my problems understanding how this packages are build.

Maybe peter_sm cold also bundle it up with his changes and the new Samba Version he got.

I used a default Slackware 13.1 environment to compile it, so it should work on b14. I made it to the b12a because the default version of netatalk was 2.2.0, with a lot of Lion TM bugs.

A Samba 3.6 package should be awesome, just start to search about the configuration flags I need to use to compile it.

To compile samba you can use this, change to latest version for the gz file.

I did this to get a package of latest samba, but I have not tested it yet, going to try it on my test machine later.
On my full slackware installation (vmware)

mkdir /tmp/samba
cd /tmp/samba
wget http://us3.samba.org/samba/ftp/stable/samba-3.6.2.tar.gz
wget -r -nH ftp://slackware.osuosl.org/pub/slackware/slackware-current/source/n/samba

cp /tmp/samba/samba-3.6.2.tar.gz .
cd pub/slackware/slackware-current/source/n/samba/
Delete old version of samba
####edit samba.SlackBuild, and change on 2 places so it's match the extension of the new file
  >>>> samba-*.tar.xz >>>>  samba-*.tar.gz
  >>>> samba-$VERSION.tar.xz >>>>  samba-$VERSION.tar.gz
$ chmod +x samba.SlackBuild
$ ./samba.SlackBuild

Slackware package /tmp/samba-3.6.2-i486-1.txz created.

//Peter

//Peter

I seem to have the drive spin-down problem as well.  I tried to spin down all drives from the unraid menu page, and then I checked in the unmenu mymain page.  Three of the drives, including the parity drive, out of nine, did not spin down.  I was able to spin those down by clicking on the spin icon on mymain. 

I still run beta 13.  Syslog attached.  There seem to be a few errors in there but I am still a newb.  I have transferred about 100 GB to the new array under beta 13.

EDIT:  I let the server idle for about 1.5 hrs, and all of my drives spun down _except_ these three drives.  Any ideas about what I can do?  Should I turn off the unraid idle as suggested below?

Sorry if I quote this old post, but I'm having the same issue with two SAMSUNG HD204UI drives I recently added to my configuration.

All the other disks (WDC_WD20EARS) correctly spin down as scheduled except those SAMSUNG drives. What's wrong with them?

capture3a.jpg

I seem to have the drive spin-down problem as well.  I tried to spin down all drives from the unraid menu page, and then I checked in the unmenu mymain page.  Three of the drives, including the parity drive, out of nine, did not spin down.  I was able to spin those down by clicking on the spin icon on mymain. 

I still run beta 13.  Syslog attached.  There seem to be a few errors in there but I am still a newb.  I have transferred about 100 GB to the new array under beta 13.

EDIT:  I let the server idle for about 1.5 hrs, and all of my drives spun down _except_ these three drives.  Any ideas about what I can do?  Should I turn off the unraid idle as suggested below?

Sorry if I quote this old post, but I'm having the same issue with two SAMSUNG HD204UI drives I recently added to my configuration.

All the other disks (WDC_WD20EARS) correctly spin down as scheduled except those SAMSUNG drives. What's wrong with them?

Why don't you post what the complete hardware setup of your server is and what device you have each drive plugged into.  A Syslog might also be helpful for those who can interpret that file. 

Ummm ... I've just observed the same problem with my newly acquired HD204.  A little investigation shows that if I issue the command to spin down all drives, the HD204 keeps spinning.  However, if I issue the command to spin up all drives, then the HD204 spins down!

Why don't you post what the complete hardware setup of your server is and what device you have each drive plugged into.  A Syslog might also be helpful for those who can interpret that file.

All of them are attached to my ZOTAC - H67ITX-C-E main board (6 SATA ports).

Nothing odd to be reported on the syslog.

Try the following: set the spin down delay differently for those disks which won't spin down.

Click on the particular disk and change the spin down delay value there, say make it shorter than default.

So, to buck the trend....

Besides one odd error, beta 14 has been working flawlessly for months for me.

I've one ACPI error, but was it linux Kernal related or Unraid related? I couldn't say. However, beta14 has been my main file server since Jan.

**oh and the last two drives I added I haven't rebooted, plugged them in hot, pre-cleared them, then put them in (and swapped parity, twice)

Try the following: set the spin down delay differently for those disks which won't spin down.

Click on the particular disk and change the spin down delay value there, say make it shorter than default.

Wow, that seems to be working now.

Thank you very much!

I am finally getting around to upgrading this weekend.  I have copied my 4.7 flash and backed it up in a couple places. 

I was preparing to do the upgrade and instructions look pretty easy, but notice up near the top  to uninstall all non-stock add ons.

At the risk of asking the obvious:  I have unMENU installed and a number of the addon's that can be installed from unMENU.

- APCUPSD

- BWM-NG - Bandwidth monitor

- htop & iftop - honestly not sure what these are and dont remember installing them myself.

- Monthly parity check

- Modify Mover

- NTFS-3g

- PCI-utils - again don't recall installing

- Clean Powerdown

- screen

There are a few others that say "installed, not downloaded" and I think these came in the box with 4.7 (IE therefore not downloaded by unMENU)

Then I also have SNAP installed but don't particularly need this.

So do I have to manually uninstall and remove these from the flash?  If so not totally sure how to go about doing that.

I think unMENU is not needed with 5.14, correct?  Will I need these addon's or are the in the package now?  the UPS, screen, monthly parity check, and maybe SNAP are important to me.  SNAP I can probably do without, not using it presently.

thanks for any help before I jump to fast!

I am finally getting around to upgrading this weekend.  I have copied my 4.7 flash and backed it up in a couple places. 

I was preparing to do the upgrade and instructions look pretty easy, but notice up near the top  to uninstall all non-stock add ons.

At the risk of asking the obvious:  I have unMENU installed and a number of the addon's that can be installed from unMENU.

- APCUPSD

- htop & iftop - honestly not sure what these are and dont remember installing them myself.

- Monthly parity check

- Modify Mover

- NTFS-3g

- Clean Powerdown

- screen

There are a few others that say "installed, not downloaded" and I think these came in the box with 4.7 (IE therefore not downloaded by unMENU)

So do I have to manually uninstall and remove these from the flash?  If so not totally sure how to go about doing that.

I think unMENU is not needed with 5.14, correct?  Will I need these addon's or are the in the package now?  the UPS, screen, monthly parity check, and maybe SNAP are important to me.  SNAP I can probably do without, not using it presently.

- Monthly parity check

- Modify Mover

- NTFS-3g

- Clean Powerdown

- screen

I had those installed with 4.7.  I backed up my flash drive, and upgraded to 5b14, and I forgot to uninstall all of them.  Everything worked fine after upgrade.  I just upgraded to 5RC1 about 5 min. ago, and did the same thing, and I had no issues / errors.

- APCUPSD

- Monthly parity check

- Modify Mover

- NTFS-3g

- Clean Powerdown

- screen

Backup to go file and install the go file included with the distribution to disable all add-ons.

To follow up: it worked. Thanks!