Removing drive from share and deleting contents of that drive?

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I've got a share that I have only specific drives that are on that share. I want to remove one of the drives from the share and then delete the contents on the drive so I can add it to my main unraid share. What would be the best way to go about doing this? I don't think I've really had to do this before and wanted to ask before going about it.

Can I just simply remove that disk from the inclusion list of that share?

What would be the best way to delete the contents that are on that specific disk?

3 minutes ago, live4soccer7 said:

Can I just simply remove that disk from the inclusion list of that share?

Yes.    That will not touch any existing contents but will stop new files going to the share.

3 minutes ago, live4soccer7 said:

What would be the best way to delete the contents that are on that specific disk?

Are you sure you no longer want the contents on your server at all?  Just checking as asking how to delete files from a share is unusual - we more often get asked how to recover them🙂  If that is the case then you can use Dynamix File Manager to do this.

• Solution
Just now, live4soccer7 said:

I just want to remove the files on that specific drive, leaving the contents on the rest of the server alone.

As mentioned Dynamix File Manager would be the recommended tools for this.