[Noob] Stuck at Booting from Hard Disk...

Hello everyone, totally noob in unRaid (still in trial...), I will explain my use-case first.

I have already a Synology and wanted to upgrade.

I have a mini pc (Ryzen 7 32go 1to SSD), I wanted to play around, and to have few VM inside.

I installed Proxmox and I have 2 VM, one is an Ubuntu for Docker and one is unRaid (installed through this guide ).

My thought : I wanted a docker on a server to run some reader / parser / scrapper (maybe some Plex later or other website), and I wanted to save those "data" inside a NAS (which it didn't work on my previous one)

So I installed unRaid, at first to be able to have a Docker inside it, but now I don't find it's weird to separate those two. (Now I even consider building a new case dedicated to unRaid, to have several disks with the Pro offer, pity I missed from 3 days the old licenses tho...)

Anyway, after some trials with share and mount, my network didn't allow me to enter in my shared folder through my Windows Desktop.

I thought to reboot unRaid and since then I have a black screen on the VM console saying "Booting from Hard Disk..." and stuck at that.

If any kind soul could help me, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

Posted (edited)

I managed to succeed in rebooting unRaid, when stopping the VM and starting again I saw "press esc to enter boot options" something like that.

Is there any way to set up the boot order like in any normal BIOS, but in unRaid?

Edited by Exxaxion

Oups number 2.

For anyone wanting the solution, under "options" in the VM, we can set up the boot order, in my case, sliding the USB Key to the first position, activate it and validate.

Now unRaid boot and reboot normally.